Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 46 (100%)
[SOLD] PENTAX 67 w 45mm f4 -- rode hard and put away wet (Worldwide)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
PENTAX 67 w 45mm f4 -- rode hard and put away wet

Asking Price
$185

Item Location
Michigan

Item Description

Looks kind of nice, Right?

A Bargain you say?

Continue.

All photos as well as pixel peeper versions here.

Here is the skinny..

I've had this camera exactly 2 days at the time of listing. I've not run any film other than a junk test roll to check the shutter functions, film advance, frame counter, ect. The main reason for the price is shown in the last photo. It isn't often I can show this on a lens from the front but there it is. The lens is pretty well sandpapered on the front. I don't know if it's just the coating (though I suspect it is). If you hold the lens up to the light and look through the rear, it really becomes evident. That's the bad about the lens. The good is it doesn't really appear to be banged up and the rest of the glass as well as the blades look clean. If you're going to use this for Color you may notice something but I've taken B&W photos with much worse and didn't notice a hell of a lot of degradation in image quality. Your mileage may vary of course and I make NO guarantees either way. The filter threads as does the bayonet look to be in good mechanical shape but I don't have an 82mm filter or bayonet cap to test it for sure. Again, NO guarantees. This lens is probably what KEH would describe as Ugly (or worse).

The Body, is in fair condition. It isn't all beat up but it's evident it wasn't kept in a case it's entire life. The camera works for the most part. That is, we put the battery in (I'll supply a fresh one as well), the check light lights, the MLU snaps the mirror up, the film advance works and sets the shutter and the shutter fires at it's set speed. So what I'm offering you IS a Working camera. Here's the rub. On B, the mirror seems to stick. It doesn't happen every time. I don't know why and am not particularly interested in investigating it. The only way to recover from this that I've found is to remove the lens and exercise the Aperture control until the mirror comes back down (and the shutter closes). If that tells you anything about what might be wrong, great. You can either fix it or move along or use it as is. The other shutter speeds appear to be working.

The mirror and focusing screen could stand at least a blast or three from a rocket blower. Overall the mirror box is clean as is the mirror and screen.

The Prism is in good condition, especially optically. As you can see there is noticeable paint chipping on the prism but what you cannot see are two very minor dents on the top ridge. I couldn't get them photographed but they are there.

So there you have it. If you want one of these tanks (it's nearly twice the size of a K10d) to play with and don't want to spend a fortune, might not be a bad way to go. You now Know everything I do about the camera.

You will get:
  • The Pentax 67 camera body
  • The SMC Pentax 45mm f4 lens
  • The Strap
  • The Pentax front cap (may not be original)
  • The rear cap
  • The Body cap
  • The Spare Battery
  • My Best Wishes.

Regarding shipping. Packed this is going to exceed 4 pounds. That puts it Out of the First Class option for overseas and out of Continental (US48) locations. It's going to be expensive to send to those locations. Within the US48 shipping is included in the price. I Will NOT send it overseas or outside of the United States for that price. Additional shipping will be charged.

So, Who wants it?

Thank you for your time.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Fair

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Included US48, Others inquire.

Shipping Services
USPS Priority

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Absolutely No Refunds on this one folks.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by JeffJS; 01-09-2011 at 05:12 PM.
01-09-2011, 03:58 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
LOL. Best title ever!

Wow, that looks like a dog chewed it :-O
01-10-2011, 12:08 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 29 (100%)
If you have no takers in the US, let me know and I will take it here in Canada.
01-10-2011, 09:26 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I'm not restricting this to the United States (I Never do that) so anyone who wants it, send me a PM. They are handled in the order received. Priority flat rate is going to be the best bet for this camera, to Canada, add an additional $16 to the price to cover it.

For the curious, go to the USPS.COM website and look up (not the online price) the rate for a Medium Flat Rate Priority box to your country. Then subtract $12 from that number and Add Services if you want Insurance.

01-11-2011, 08:27 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Bummmmmmp!

01-27-2011, 05:32 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Is this still for sale? If so, including postage to the U.K. how much is will it be all together?
01-27-2011, 06:49 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
It's sold. 40 seconds on ebay and it was gone. I was just coming back here to pull the ad.