Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2011, 11:04 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 46 (100%)
[SOLD] New-old-stock m42 135mm f/2.8 lenses!

As a full time college student money is always tight for me, so in order to raise a bit of money I have decided to try reselling camera gear for a modest profit. I will have many interesting photo related items for sale in the near future, so keep your eyes peeled!

In this listing I have 5 new-old-stock m42 mount 135mm f/2.8 lenses made (or perhaps marketed) by a company named Miida. Threre are two different styles. both styles have slide out hoods, and come with front and rear caps, as well as a zip closed hard case. They have the much loved "A - M" switch. While these lenses have never been mounted on a camera, they have been sitting around since the early 1970's, so there are a few "glitches" here and there. I have three (Edit: now two) of the style with the two chrome bands around the rubber grip, which have an 8 bladed aperture. All three of these are in perfect shape, with no faults to report.
$40 each O.B.O.

The other two are all black with the grip actually stamped into the metal. The focus is slightly stiffer on these than the other three, but is not what I would describe as stiff. This style has six curved aperture blades. The first one is in perfect shape, except the gold "PASSED" sticker fell off while I was inspecting it. Unfortunately it left the glue on the lens. You could glue the label back on, but it's not necessary. the glue on the lens is not of the sticky/slimy variety, it is just a bit ugly on such a good looking lens.
$35 O.B.O.

The second one is worse off. Aparently at some time in it's past it was pulled out of it's box for inspection. Unfortunately whoever did this left the plastic bags and the silica gel pack out. This led to the styrofoam of the box sticking to the hard case in a few small spots. Worse yet there is a tiny bit of what looks like condensation on the inside of the rear element. I don't think it is oil. The aperture blades are certainly clean. Whatever it is, you would probably want to pull out the rear element and clean it. Also, the hood seems to be stuck, but it probably just needs a bit more force than I am willing to apply. Externally this lens looks every bit as good as it's brothers.
$20 O.B.O.

Regarding the hard cases, the metal bits have a much cooler tone in real life. I think the white balance must be off in these photos.

Any one of these will fit in a USPS Medium Flat Rate Box, which is $11 in the US. For international shipping, please use the shipping calculator at usps.com. Input 2 pounds 12 ounces. Speaking of shipping, I will usually only be able to ship once per week on either Friday or Saturday. I wish I could ship more often, but I am a full time student and I work 20 hours+ per week, so time is scarce.

If there is enough interest in these lenses, I may have a source for more, so even if you can't buy right now let me know if you like what you see!

Feel free to PM me with any questions you may have, and I will get back to you just as soon as I can.

Thanks for looking!
-Steve

Last edited by Steve Beswick; 01-18-2011 at 08:07 PM.
01-13-2011, 12:49 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Prices dropped on all 5 lenses.
01-13-2011, 01:25 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 53 (100%)
PM sent for your best $40 copy.
01-14-2011, 08:56 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Private messages replied.

01-17-2011, 04:45 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
One lens shipped, listing updated, private messages replied.
01-18-2011, 08:30 AM   #6

Feedback Score: 14 (100%)
Payment sent :-)