Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2011, 11:37 AM   #1

Feedback Score: 41 (100%)
[SOLD] SMC A 24-SMC A 35-105/3.5, 70-210/4; F 35-135/3.5-4.5; Sigma APO EX 2x TC

I've come to the conclusion I prefer primes for MF shooting. So, my MF zooms (and one AF zoom) are up for sale. I'm also selling the Vivitar S1 85mm f/1.4 since it was simply a temporary fill-in until I tracked down an A 100 f/2.8...which I've finally done. And I'm re-listing my Sigma APO EX 2x teleconverter. Details below.

Prices dropped!

All prices are firm and include ground shipping and insurance to CONUS and Paypal fees. Other destinations and service levels by individual arrangement only. (See bottom section for detailed information on payment, shipping & insurance, returns, etc.) If I decide to lower my prices or accept best offers, I'll update this original post.

USD$110 | Pentax SMC A 70-210mm f/4.0

Original owner: No

Functional Condition: Excellent
Cosmetic Condition: Fair (PF) / EX (KEH)

Purchased bare lens from KEH in Sep 2010 in EX condition. I added front & rear lens caps. Front & rear elements are clean, interior shows no sign of haze or fungus. There's a wee little bit of internal dust -- as one might expect in an older lens -- but it's very small and has no impact on IQ. Focus ring is smooth and well damped. Aperture blades are clean, dry, smooth, and snappy.

Includes:
  • Pentax SMC A 70-210mm f/4.0 lens
  • 58mm center pinch front cap
  • Pentax rear cap

Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

SOLD USD$160 | Sigma APO 2x EX (non-DG) TC

Cosmetic Condition: Excellent

Purchased from a fellow PFer in September 2009. Designed specifically for the Sigma 70-200 f/2.8. Sold my 70-200 some time ago, so have no need for it any longer. If you follow the lens forum, this lens + TC combination gets recommended all the time -- for good reason. While the DG coating is supposed to offer protection against flare and ghosting, I've never noticed any flare or ghosting in my images using the non-DG version.

For reference, the Sigma lens compatibility list.

Includes:
  • Teleconverter
  • Asahi Pentax front & generic KR rear caps

Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4

SOLD USD$150 | Pentax SMC A 35-105mm f/3.5

Purchased bare lens from KEH in Sep 2010 in EX condition. I added the hood and front & rear lens caps. Front & rear elements are clean, interior shows no sign of haze or fungus. There's a wee little bit of internal dust -- as one might expect in an older lens -- but it's very small and has no impact on IQ. Focus ring is smooth and well damped. Aperture blades are clean, dry, smooth, and snappy.

Includes:
  • Pentax SMC A 35-105mm f/3.5 lens
  • 67mm metal hood
  • 67mm center pinch front cap
  • Pentax rear cap

SOLD USD$110 | Pentax SMC A 24-50mm f/4.0

Purchased bare lens from KEH in Sep 2010 in EX condition. I added the hood and front & rear lens caps. Front & rear elements are clean, interior shows no sign of haze or fungus. There's a wee little bit of internal dust -- as one might expect in an older lens -- but it's very small and has no impact on IQ. Focus ring is smooth and well damped. Aperture blades are clean, dry, smooth, and snappy.

Includes:
  • Pentax SMC A 24-50mm f/4.0 lens
  • 58mm metal hood
  • 58mm center pinch front cap
  • Pentax rear cap

SOLD USD$235 | Vivitar Series 1 85mm f/1.4 Aspherical

Cosmetic Condition: Excellent

Purchased from a fellow PFer in Oct 2010 to tide me over until I found an SMC A 100mm f/2.8 (non-macro). I found one sooner than expected, so this Viv is now up for sale. Front & rear elements are clean, interior shows no sign of haze or fungus or internal dust. Focus ring is smooth and well damped. Aperture blades are clean, dry, smooth, and snappy.

Includes:
  • Vivitar Series 1 85mm f/1.4 Aspherical
  • Original hood
  • Original front cap
  • Original rear cap
  • Original box and contents

Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

SOLD USD$80 | Pentax SMC F 35-135mm f/3.5-4.5

Cosmetic Condition: Good

Purchased bare lens from KEH in Sep 2010. I added the front & rear lens caps. Front & rear elements are clean, interior shows no sign of haze or fungus or dust. Focus ring is smooth and lightly damped. Aperture blades are clean, dry, smooth, and snappy.

Includes:
  • Pentax SMC F 35-135mm f/3.5-4.5 lens
  • 58mm center pinch front cap (Nikon branded; that's the only spare one I had lying around)
  • Pentax rear cap

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Shipping

USA -- prices include FedEx Ground / Home Delivery to Paypal-confirmed addresses, including insurance for full sale value, delivery confirmation, and required delivery signature.

Canada -- Same as USA, but pay the price difference between delivery to the nearest USA equivalent area and buyer's location.

International -- Pay actual shipping costs in addition to listed price. Three options:
  1. FedEx / DHL or UPS, including insurance for full sale value (no, I won't reduce the declared value to save on customs duties), delivery confirmation, and required delivery signature. Seller assumes liability until delivery.
  2. USPS Express or Priority Mail International, with Return Receipt (only a limited # of countries provide this service via USPS; most do not), insured for full sale value (no, I won't reduce the declared value to save on customs duties). Seller assumes liability until delivery.
  3. USPS Express or Priority Mail International, without Return Receipt, optionally insured for value of buyer's choosing, buyer selects declared value. Buyer assumes ALL liability upon seller's proof of shipment. To be clear: if something goes wrong after seller ships item -- delivery delay or failure, lost or damaged package or contents, etc. -- buyer is fully and solely liable and seller bears no liability or responsibility. I will consider this option on a discretionary, case-by-case basis only.
Payment Options

Paypal.
  1. For all shipping options except International Shipping #3: Payment via Goods purchase.
  2. For International Shipping option #3: Payment via Personal Gift sourced from Paypal balance or bank account only.
Purchase Returns

For all USA and Canada buyers and international buyers using shipping option #1 or #2: Buyers have 48 hrs after confirmed receipt to test / review and ensure the item meets their satisfaction and seller's description. If buyer is not satisfied, buyer must ship lens to seller via the same carrier, service level, and service options (or alternative carrier, service level, and service options as mutually agreed). Buyer is responsible for all return shipping costs, customs duties, fees, and assumes all liability until seller confirms receipt and condition of returned goods. Upon receipt of returned goods and confirmation of contents and condition, I'll refund the full purchase price, less original shipping costs and any applicable Paypal fees.

For all international buyers using shipping option #3: No returns and/or refunds of any kind.

Non-Delivery Returns

In the case of items returned due to non-delivery, for any reason other than seller error, buyer is responsible for any and all fees associated with return and may opt <1> to cancel the purchase and receive a refund (if applicable) less actual shipping and Paypal costs, or <2> for re-shipment, buyer is responsible for all re-shipment costs and any additional Paypal fees.

Delays

Seller is not responsible for carrier or customs delivery delays.

Customs Duties, Fees, and Taxes

Buyer is solely responsible for complete payment of any and all customs duties, fees, and taxes during original shipment, returns, returns due to non-delivery, and/or re-shipment.

Full Contact Information

Buyer must be willing to share (privately, of course) full contact information -- legal name, home address, email, home/mobile phone #s -- to ensure multiple channels of communication in case anything goes screwy with PF.com.

Miscellaneous

This is not necessarily a first-come, first-served listing.

Contact

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by thirdofthree; 02-20-2011 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Viv85, A24-50, F35-135, A35-105, SigTC sold
01-27-2011, 04:03 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
Vivitar 85mm

Could you please post pictures taken with this lens? I am looking for a new portrait lens. Thanks.
01-27-2011, 05:25 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kenhreed Quote
Could you please post pictures taken with this lens? I am looking for a new portrait lens. Thanks.
Sure thing. Will snap a few fresh pics tomorrow. Please stand by.

---------- Post added 01-28-11 at 11:27 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by kenhreed Quote
Here you go. Straight from the camera JPGs (2M, ***, natural image tone, +1 on saturation / sharpness / contrast):

@ f/1.4
@ f/2.8
@ f/5.6
@ f/11.0
01-30-2011, 07:40 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
Just sent a PM regarding the 24-50 zoom.

02-07-2011, 01:37 PM   #5

Original Poster
Bumpity
02-08-2011, 03:23 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
pm sent f35-135
02-08-2011, 05:48 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 12 (100%)
f35-135 just paid