Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-06-2011, 10:37 AM   #1

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
[SOLD] Chinon CP-7M 35 mm SLR Camera Body (Worldwide)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Chinon CP-7M 35 mm SLR Camera Body

Asking Price
USD $35

Item Location
New York, USA

Item Description
This is Chinon CP-7M classic 35mm SLR PK-mount Camera (Body only) with auto and manual shooting options.
This clearly underestimated well-crafted SLR camera (made in Japan) offers both complete manual control and several automated pre-programmed options.

It served me very well in many different situations and lighting circumstances, particularly during my music trips when any photographic comfort is nothing but a dream.

One of many attractive features of this camera is its compatibility with K, KA, RK mounts, which makes a huge variety of lenses usable with this good robust machine.

Another very nice feature is that it can use not only a special 6 V Lithium battery (2CR5 type) but also 4 very common "AA" 1.5 V alkaline batteries easily obtainable anywhere.

Thus, you'll never be out of power (and for less money, btw.).

There was time when for each lens of a different focal distance I used to use a separate camera.This camera is the last of my Chinon collection.

It had produced great unforgettable pictures and always worked flawlessly.

Unfortunately, after 9/11, I can't move enough to make photos outside anymore, so it's my farewell to my "friends-companions": this camera is now waiting for photography fans who prefer "old fashion" machines with enough capabilities to give satisfaction to creative people. But its program modes are versatile enough to help less photography knowledgeable individuals to capture some unforgettable instances.

The camera is in good, flawlessly working condition.

As you can see on photographs of the actual item, the LCD and battery compartment are clear, the body and bottom plate has some totally insignificant and not much even visible signs of wear.

The pictures are of the actual camera you will receive, so please look carefully before making your decision to purchase.
Product Information
Brand: Chinon
Model: CP-7m
Product Information: 35 mm SLR PK-mount camera with auto and manual shooting options.
TYPE: 35 mm automatic compact motorized SLR camera with TTL full aperture center weighted average metering, triple programs (instant stop-down metering), aperture priority AK, manual exposure system, and full information LCD panel.
LCD Panel Indication: Liquid Crystal Display indicates the Exposure mode, Shutter speed. Film speed, Film counter, Self timer operation, Bulb timer exposure time, Battery check, and Exposure compensation.
Picture format: 24x36 mm.
Lens Mount: Chinon Universal Bayonet mount (K, KA, RK mount compatible).
Mirror: Large swing back quick return mirror.
Shutter: Electromagnetically controlled focal plane shutter, Stepless speeds from 8 to 1/2000 sec. on automatic (maximum operation at AE is 15 sec.), 15 speeds from 8 to 1/2000 sec. on manual exposure. Electronically controlled automatic and manual exposure.
Shutter Release: Electromagnetic shutter release with release lock and provision for cable release.
Viewfinder: Fixed eye level pentaprism, central split image with micro prism collar, 18 digital LEDs in three different colors indicate 1/2000~1/60 sec. (green), 1/30~1 sec. (orange, slow shutter speed warning), 2~8 sec. (under LED will light up), UNDER/OVER warning (red) three stage program AE (green), and flash ready signal (red).
Viewfinder Magnification: 0.87x at infinity with standard 50 mm lens.
Dioptric Factor: 1.0 diopter.
Viewfinder Visibility: 92% vertical and horizontal.
Exposure Meter: TTL full aperture center weighted average metering. TTL full aperture instant stop-down center weighted average remetering for program AE employing one silicon blue cell.
Exposure Range: +1 EV to +20 EV (F1.4/50 mm, ISO 100).
Exposure Memory: Built-in AE lock button functions in aperture priority AE mode.
ISO RANGE:
Auto Setting: ISO 25~5000 with 1/3 EV increments (for DX coded film).
Manual Setting: ISO 25~5000 for non DX coded film
Exposure Compensation: -4.0 EV to +4.0 EV with 1/2 EV increments (for DX coded film)
Programmed AE mode: Three stages available.
Power Source: 4 x 1.5 V “AA” alkaline battery or one 6 V lithium battery 2CR5 type
More specifications and Chinon CP-7m Users Manual can be found on the Butkus' site at
http://www.butkus.org/chinon/chinon/cp-7m/cp-7m.htm#specs and

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/chinon/cp-7m/cp-7m.htm#lens_mt
Other useful information:

Replacement batteries for Chinon cameras
http://www.butkus.org/chinon/chinon_batteries.htm

Chinon camera repair:
Chinon camera repair

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
USD $15

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
I accept returns but the the item has to be returned in the 100% same condition and the buyer pays the return shipping cost.
I can ship the camera worldwide, but the buyer has to expect a very long delivery time (maybe, over 1 month) and the shipping cost is drastically higher ($40 to Germany, for instance.)

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

Last edited by ConstIva; 03-02-2011 at 10:07 PM.