Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2011, 11:27 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
[SOLD] Auto Chinon 35-70mm 1:3.5-4.5 KR-mount Lens for Pentax etc (Worldwide)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Auto Chinon 35-70mm 1:3.5-4.5 KR-mount Lens for Pentax etc

Asking Price
USD $35

Item Location
Rego Park, NY

Item Description
This is an Auto Chinon 35-70mm Zoom KR-mount Lens with Macro option and 52mm filter size.
I used this lens mostly with one of my Chinon CP-7M which I had all the time handy when I was able to go to photograph.

Its particular KR-mount is specially designed to fit also Ricoh cameras; so, the lens can also be used with any K-mount SLR non-autofocus cameras: Pentax, Chinon, Sears etc.

Don't be deluded by the word “Auto”: on Chinon lenses, it signifies that on cameras with several exposure modes, it can be set to the “aperture priority” so that the camera automatically chooses the proper shutter speed according to the aperture.

I assume (but am not sure) that this lens, which was manufactured in the pre-digital era, may not fit the DSLR cameras because of its pin on the KR-mount that was engineered to broaden the range of the lens usability by including Ricoh cameras.

Therefore, this lens is rather for either cameras- and lenses-hunters as crazy about photography and cameras as I am, or for owners of classic SLR K-mount cameras who are looking for a reliable, well crafted, solid non-plastic decent zoom lens with Macro option.

Despite its age, this lens serves a photographer well if one knows what to look for.

Take a look at a picture I took hastily with one of my Chinons CP-7M during my last music trip to Germany.

As you may see, it draws finest details and color gradations one may expect from such type of pictures.

Cosmetically the lens is in almost "virgin" condition as the most of my stuff, because I became crazy about photo cameras since I've got my first camera in 1945 from my father who came from the WWII with a German trophy, Icarette.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
USD $12.90

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
I do accept returns but:
1. the item has to be returned in 100% same condition as received (which is hard to check);
2. the buyer pays the return shipping cost.
Since I make close-up photos of the actual lens, I'd prefer that the potential buyer reviews the photos thoroughly before making the final decision just in order to avoid potential mutual headache related to returns.
3. International buyer has to keep in mind that
a) shipping cost is significantly higher ($40 to Germany, for instance);
b) delivery may take a few weeks if not months.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
Canon PowerShot A570 IS  Photo 

Last edited by ConstIva; 02-10-2011 at 09:27 AM.