Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-15-2007, 03:33 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 19 (100%)
[SOLD] Kirk QR Plate for K10D and Arca-Style Mount

This item is SOLD.

For sale is a Kirk Enterprises Custom quick-release plate made specifically for the Pentax K10D (without grip). This plate allows you to mount the K10D on any Arca-Swiss style tripod head, such as the Arca-Swiss (of course), Kirk, Really Right Stuff, and the many other heads using this mounting style.

The plate is machined from solid aluminum and fits the bottom of camera perfectly. It completely eliminates the plate rotation that is a problem with generic plates. The plate remains firmly fixed with no danger of damage from overtightening the mounting bolt (to eliminate rotation). The mounting bolt is stainless steel and fastens with a hex wrench. The plate is so small, light and streamlined that you will simply leave it attached to the camera at all times. I have a Kirk plate on each of my cameras and on the tripod feet of my long lenses, and I never fumble with tightening mounting bolts or moving QR plates from one piece of equipment to another.

The plate is in perfect condition with no damages at all. Included are the Kirk plate, the "safety screws" (prevents the camera from sliding out of the mount if the clamp is not fully tightened, and 2 Allen wrenches to fit the mounting screw and safety screws. I am selling it because I no longer have a K10D.

Here's a link to the product information from Kirk (click on Pentax, then PZ-33 to see the type of plate for sale):

Kirk Photo: Mounting Plates for Camera Bodies

The new price from Kirk is $55 plus shipping. My price is $30 including shipping via U.S. Mail First Class to anywhere in the United States. Sorry, no international shipping on this particular item. Payment by PayPal or U.S.P.S. Money order only. I have sold a number of items here and on eBay (user: garyml1 (that's em-el-number 1). I have 100% positive feedback so buy with confidence!

Please send a PM if interested.

Last edited by GaryML; 10-16-2007 at 10:03 AM.