02-21-2011, 12:05 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 40 (100%)
[SOLD] K-r Body Only, Black (US/CAN)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
K-r Body Only, Black

Asking Price
SOLD - pending Payment (525.00 Shipped in CONUS)

Item Location
Connecticut USA

Item Description
Black K-r Body Only with all paperwork and accessories - $525.00 shipped

1702 actuations. Original owner. LCD has had a protective film since day one.

Excellent condition, no exceptions. Great camera.

I did not realize when I bought it that it could not do brackets with a remote. If I cannot shoot hands-free brackets, this is not going to work for me. Tempted to keep it for sports and such with the kids, but it has to fulfill multiple roles and this tears it.

Thanks. Pictures of camera to follow.

EDIT: Ok, everyone wants to know... So in the interests of full disclosure, I will say that his camera shows slight front focus under low tungsten light at f/2.8 and "larger" (read: smaller numbers). My opinion is that they ALL do. Anyone who says that theirs does not is either in denial, has not tested correctly, or has an opposite issue in daylight... that is, backfocus under natural light. This can be ameliorated by setting the Tungsten white balance, and can be completely defeated by using live view. I personally never shoot in low light at f/2.8 or larger. This camera performs so well at high ISO that this is doubly true. Anyway, there it is. Take it or leave it. I am certain that Pentax will eventually patch this up with firmware and a slight tweak to the tungsten preset.

woof!

Sample Photos:

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Charge
Included for CONUS, else Inquire

Shipping Services
USPS Priority, Insured, Delivery confirmation

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Returns accepted for DOA or grossly misrepresented goods.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by woof; 02-23-2011 at 07:40 PM.
02-22-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 40 (100%)
Original Poster
EDIT: Ok, everyone wants to know... So in the interests of full disclosure, I will say that his camera shows slight front focus under low tungsten light at f/2.8 and "larger" (read: smaller numbers). My opinion is that they ALL do. The idea that this is an isolated phenomenon is not credible at this juncture. it is clear they all have it in some form. there are units which have serious oof issues beyond this small issue, and that is a different story.

Anyone who says that theirs does not have this minor tungsten/open aperture FF is either in denial, has not tested correctly, or has an opposite issue in daylight... that is, backfocus under natural light. This can be ameliorated by setting the Tungsten white balance, and can be completely defeated by using live view. I personally never shoot in low light at f/2.8 or larger. This camera performs so well at high ISO that this is doubly true. Anyway, there it is. Take it or leave it. I am certain that Pentax will eventually patch this up with firmware and a slight tweak to the tungsten preset.

The whole thing is a pig in a poke and in the real world you almost never will encounter this. I love the camera and if this was the only thing, I would not think twice about keeping it.

Please do not engage in a religious discussion of this issue here. Thanks.