Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-23-2011, 08:53 PM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
[SOLD] Tele-Tokina 800mm f8-32 Long Lens (US)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Tele-Tokina 800mm f8-32 Long Lens

Asking Price
225 OBO/Trade

Item Location
So California

Item Description
This is truly a "long lens", a Tele-Tokina tuber from the '70's. Not much info on this, but there is also a Tele-Vivitar version.

It takes a T-mount (not an m42) and I'm including one for Pentax and one for Nikon.

I said it was "long" :-)

The gun-sight up front helps aim the thing...

It has a maximum aperture of f8 that is not too bad for 800mm, but a focusing aid is helpful and sturdy tripod is highly recommended.

It is manual focus and manual aperture. You can use it in M or Av mode. It has 2 aperture rings - one to set the aperture and one to stop it down. The actual hole is circular.

A third wider ring in front is actually where the lens separates into 2 parts.

The focus ring has about 330 degrees of throw, and is marked from a minimum of 60 feet to 500 feet. I think the MFD is 33 feet or so....It has a screw-in lever that I suppose is an aid to focusing, but I always leave it off. There was another lever at one time that fit on the barrel below the DOF indicators.

Probably more of a collector thing than a National Geographic tool. Actually, it is a great conversation piece when at the pier or park. I let the pretty women look through it :-)

Has some cosmetic scuffs over the years as you can see (and one big one not shown) but no dents or dings.

I'm interested in a WR lens in the 18-->xx(x) variety mostly, or...Sigma 30 1.4, Pentax or Sigma 17-70... Willing to trade (with cash in appropriate direction). I also have a low-mileage 17" laptop that can be involved.

A couple shots.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling or Trading

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
Negotiable

Shipping Services
FedEx

Accepted Payment Types
Check/Money Order

Return Policy & Additional Details
None

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by SpecialK; 03-03-2011 at 12:20 PM.
03-02-2011, 08:25 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Original Poster
No one wants to horse-trade?
03-02-2011, 08:52 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
I live close to a firing range. Wonder what kind of looks that lens would get me if I brought it in a large violin or cello case? It must be "interesting" to mount the lens.
03-02-2011, 10:47 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
ladies attention...

if you are looking for ladies attention, get a pupy, a small golden retriver of a poodle min.

That lens is impressive, I have couple of those that I got for the sake of having them. It takes a while to get a photo taken. But you can exhibit at home.

03-02-2011, 11:53 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nowhere Matt Quote
I live close to a firing range. Wonder what kind of looks that lens would get me if I brought it in a large violin or cello case? It must be "interesting" to mount the lens.
3 or 4 of them could probably take out Kaddafi.

QuoteOriginally posted by Pepe Guitarra Quote
if you are looking for ladies attention, get a pupy, a small golden retriver of a poodle min.
You might have something, but the lens requires only a little maintenance.

PM's replied to.

Someone wanted to see:

The other scuffs. These are only the painted surface.

The glass:

"Down the barrel":

I don't see any fungus or scratches. The lens comes apart, so if you had the right equipment (a long soft stick with micro fiber cloth on the end) you could clean the back of the front element.

Last edited by SpecialK; 03-04-2011 at 04:10 PM.
03-03-2011, 05:10 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Sale pending.

Sold!

Last edited by SpecialK; 03-07-2011 at 08:12 PM.