PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax K100D Body

Asking Price
190USD

Item Location
Pennsylvania, USA

Item Description
Pentax K100D body +2GB SD card $190 shipped w/ insurance and delivery confirmation in the conus. SOLD

For sale is my trusty K100D. The camera is in full working order and takes beautiful images. Included are the original box, accessories, manuals, CD, serial number card. Everything it came with when new is included, except the useless alkaline batteries.... The strap is on the camera and shows some good wear, but is still solid. I have had fantastic results with this camera and will miss it, even though I now have the K-5. This would make a great cheap entry camera (especially nice that you get shake reduction), or a backup, or a gift to a family member getting into photography, etc. As always, I describe and examine very carefully so you know exactly what you are getting.

I am the original owner, having purchased the camera in the summer of 2007. The camera shows an expected amount of wear for a camera that has been used for the last three years. It has been my sole camera for these past years and I have been careful with it (never abused it or taken out in bad conditions). There are no real cosmetic flaws of note. I put LCD protectors on both LCD's from day one, so they are great (I have just put new ones on for the new owner). The only real defect with the camera is the viewfinder--I wear glasses and over the years I have somehow (found this upon inspection with a flashlight) put some light scratches on the viewfinder optic exposed to the eyepiece. Also the coating on that outward side looks damaged and has become slightly less clear. This is not particularly noticeable without shining a flashlight on it, though. Of course, this has no impact on the image captured, but it probably has reduced the clarity of the viewfinder a little (but probably not much; I used almost solely MF lenses and did not have problems focusing). There is also a piece of dust or two (as to be expected) in the viewfinder optics, and it looks like another few pieces of dust are on the focusing screen (which I couldn't get rid in my attempt with a rocket blower). Nothing really bothersome, just a couple of small dots and one small thread-y piece of dust. The mirror too (when I since examined it with a flashlight) has some light dust--just the normal amount from occasional lens changes.

All functions and buttons work as they should. The AF/MF switch has gotten a little rougher and stiffer since I got the camera, but still works just fine. I have never changed or tried to clean the viewfinder or mirror. I have never wet cleaned the sensor, only used a rocket blower on in two or three times (I figure it has a speck or two of dust on it, but nothing has shown up on my pictures in my most recent normal usage). There are approx. 13 hot pixels I can find at a 2" exposure at ISO 200, but no cluster or anything that will present a problem.

In summer 2008, the camera developed a defective sensor and I sent it in to Pentax under warranty, where the sensor was replaced (actually, I think it got all new internals as I got a different internal serial number and the EXIF gives the manufacture date as 06/18/2008). I have had no problems since (and I know what to look for). The shutter count is almost just 30500.

More pictures:

Here are two of the viewfinder, to show the damage. These pictures make it look a hundred times worse than it really is. The first I have back-lit with a flashlight through the plastic body cap, the second has a flashlight shining directly on the glass. Looking thought the viewfinder there is only just a little loss of clarity (if that; I don't have another K100D to compare it against but I never realized from my use the viewfinder optics had any damage)--you certainly can't see any scratches, etc.

The price includes CONUS shipping with insurance and delivery confirmation.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
Included

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Return Policy & Additional Details
I will allow returns within seven days of receipt if the condition of the camera is not described.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by macTak; 04-16-2011 at 12:43 PM.
03-12-2011, 09:10 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
Original Poster
Weekend Bump for a nice camera with that CCD sensor everyone loves.
03-24-2011, 09:41 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Price drop to $195 and I'll throw in a 2GB Transcend 150X SD card that works nicely with the camera.
04-02-2011, 08:50 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Another price drop to only $190. Also, I have replied to all PM's received thus far.

04-04-2011, 12:44 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 21 (100%)
kinda strange

I really canrt see how you did scratch the deeply recessed glass of the viewfinder with your eyeglasses!!! unless You wear very small eyeglasses!!!!
Just in Awe!
04-07-2011, 10:01 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mayoapo Quote
I really canrt see how you did scratch the deeply recessed glass of the viewfinder with your eyeglasses!!! unless You wear very small eyeglasses!!!!
Just in Awe!
Well, probably while bringing the camera up to my eye while looking at my subject it contacted the metal corner of my glasses (which stick out a little way). It's also possible I damaged it when cleaning it at some point, some how. Anyway, it looks worse in the pictures than it really is.
04-09-2011, 08:44 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Item is now sold pending payment.

And now Sold. Thanks!

Last edited by macTak; 04-16-2011 at 12:43 PM.