Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2011, 08:30 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
[SOLD] Three P K Mount Manual Lenses For $44 (CONUS)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Three P K Mount Manual Lenses For $44

Asking Price
$44

Item Location
Missouri

Item Description
Kiron 30-80mm 3.5-4.5 1:4 PK mount.
I really enjoyed using this lens. The thing is solid as a rock. Very heavy for it's size and looks so unusual on my K10. It also is a push/pull zoom that changes focus when zooming. A varifocal lens. It is so different from many of my other lenses and has very nice image quality. Good color and contrast even without a hood, I think.
This lens has the original front cap, rear cap and leather pouch. I have no idea of it's age; it is clean everywhere but please do not lick it.
It is a nice enough lens and a bit unusual with a fairly respectable reputation with the manufacturer.

A PK mount Makinon Auto 28mm f2.8 manual lens. This one meters a little better than the Sears but will not focus as close to the subject and does not have a dream like appearance to what is out of focus in images. The two things that made me want to keep and use the Sears lens as long as I did were the close focus and bokeh. This Makinon had an unknown reputation (read as "name") so I wanted to give it a go. It got little use. Time for someone to put it to better use.
It has a front cap but no rear cap. It also has clean glass, smooth focus ring action but aperture ring is a bit stiff. Normal signs of wear but no nicks or dents.

Vivitar 80-200mm f4.5 zoom
This one was a bit of an experiment for a previous owner. The aperture lever has been removed completely. Oh the lens still functions and performs like a manually operated lens would on many cameras. But the "stop down" metering functions of a dslr will not have the same control and interaction with the lens. Treat this lens as you would any, manual T-mount lens. Set your aperture on the lens, get a stop down meter with the camera and focus. The only reason I grade it as poor is due to the removal of the aperture lever; otherwise I would call it "fair". But let's not quibble.

The lens is a push/pull zoom and all metal construction. It has a few small nicks around the body and some superficial dirty down in the aperture ring. But aside from this and the removed aperture lever, it is an slightly below average zoom lens that will take slightly below average quality images with any Pentax digital lens reflex camera. I have used it on my K10 just to see the image quality. I had some fun with it and now it is time for it to go. Comes with a rear cap and no front cap. But I will pack it well. Send me a message if you need to read anymore of this story.

Thank you for your interest.
If you have questions or interest, please send me a personal message first, then leave a short notice of sent messages in this thread. As a courtesy to the forum Marketplace rules, other interested parties and Marketplace traffic, please always respond with your interest via personal messaging and then leave "message sent" remarks for example, within the thread listing.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge
Included With Asking Prices

Shipping Services
United States Postal Service

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Full refund with returned lenses if lenses do not function and match descriptions.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

03-14-2011, 04:27 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Does this require an adapter to work on current bodies? Thanks.
03-14-2011, 08:47 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
sent pm
03-16-2011, 12:18 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cwing Quote
Does this require an adapter to work on current bodies? Thanks.
None of these lenses require any adaptation to mount properly to our digital bodies. I have used these on my K10 and K-7.

All messages have been replied to. This group is still available.

Thanks.

03-20-2011, 10:55 AM   #5

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
i had the makinon, it is a great lens!
03-21-2011, 02:46 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
A sale of the Kiron and Makinon lenses in progress. Perhaps the Vivitar will be regrouped in a future listing. Or for six dollars more I can add this to the other collection of manual lenses I have in another listing.

Thank you for your interest.