Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2011, 07:24 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 105 (100%)
[SOLD] Nikon D70 w/ a couple problems — $115 (US)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Nikon D70 w/ a couple problems — $115

Asking Price
$105 shipped & PP'd

Item Location
Santa Fe, NM

Item Description
Hey guys,

I purchased this D70 on FredMiranda in January. It takes excellent photos and is in pretty clean cosmetic condition. However, it does have a couple issues. Number one is that the popup flash doesn't work. It pops up, but does not flash. The hotshoe works just fine for an external flash.

The other problem is that when I got it, I found that the camera gave me an intermittent CHA error. This is Nikon's standard error describing a problem in the connection between the memory card and the camera. Sometimes it tells me there's no CF card inserted. Sometimes it tells me the card needs to be formatted. Taking the card out and putting it back in, or turning the camera off and back on, tends to fix this problem for a while. I've done some Googling and apparently this is a pretty common issue with the D70/D70s. There are some DIY repair guides on the net, but to be honest I'm not enough of a tinkerer (and I don't trust my skills enough) to attempt a repair myself.

The CHA issue isn't a showstopper for casual photography (more of a mild annoyance) but for a professional shooter it would certainly be an issue.

The D70 is a camera that is still quite well-loved these days for its low-ISO output. Check FredMiranda's Nikon section for a number of glowing recent reviews.

If anyone wants a project camera, this is it.

Asking: $105 shipped & PP'd within the US.

Includes: Camera, third-party battery, Smugmug.com-branded neoprene camera strap (actually quite comfy) if you want it. Sorry, no charger, cables, papers, or box.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Damaged

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
Free in USA

Shipping Services
USPS Priority

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
This item is being sold as-is.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!