Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-24-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 30 (100%)
[SOLD] Lens Closet Cleanout

Hello All,

So spring cleaning has me clearing out the lens closet. I've decided that I have waaaaaaayyyyy too many lenses, so it's time to send some on their way to find homes where they'll see more use. Be advised that a lot of these were purchased because they were a bit...flawed...one way or another. I'll list everything I know that's wrong with them and you can score yourself a bargain or two!

All prices include shipping to continental US locations. I'll ship worldwide, but will have to charge a bit more for shipping.

Pentax M 28mm f3.5 - Optically, this one is in good shape with only a few little hints of dust inside. On the exterior, it's a user, but not too beat up. Unfortunately, there's a "gotcha." The diaphragm will occasionally bind on this one. Because of that, it won't always stop down as it should and pictures come out overexposed. I'd guess it happens about half of the time. On the bright side, I don't think it would be too hard to fix....I'm just not that talented. Alternatively, you could just always use it at f3.5 and not have to worry. It's a surprisingly sharp little lens wide open! Comes with original front lens cap and generic rear cap. $30Sold!

Pentax M 50mm f1.7 - Optically and mechanically this one is in top shape. The exterior is what I would call a user again. It's not ugly, it's just not one to buy if you're looking for a pretty copy. Sharp, sharp, sharp lens. I thought about keeping this as part of my collection, but I really don't use it much. I always reach for the SMC Tak 50mm f1.4 or FA 50mm f1.4 instead. My loss is your gain! Comes with a generic front cap and genuine Pentax rear cap.$45Sold!

Ricoh XR Rikenon 50mm f2 L - I got this one to test out the theorey that the XR Rikenon 50mm f2 was one of the sharpest lenses ever made. If you're on the same quest, you can stop here. Buy the M 50mm f1.7 instead. It's the sharper of the two. That being said, this *IS* a sharp lens, it's just not equal to the hyperbole surrounding it around the net. This lens is also in the best condition of anything listed here. Optically, mechanically and physically, this lens is in excellent condition. Comes with generic front and rear caps. $25Sold!

Mamiya Sekor 50mm f2 - This is an M42 mount lens. I have a few of these floating around that came with various Mamiya bodies (my first camera was a 500 DTL, so I have an affinity for Mamiyas). I certainly don't need multiple copies of the same lens, so I'm sending this one to a happy home. This is a sharp, sharp lens. The M 50mm f1.7 probably still beats it, but not by much. The bokeh is a bit harsh, but it's got a very vintage feel to it. Optically and mechanically, this is another swell lens, but it's also not going to win any beauty contests. I dig most Mamiya standard lenses, and this is no exception. Great little lens. No caps with this one. Sorry. $10Sold!

Auto GAF 55mm f1.4 - Another M42 lens. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe this is a re-badged version of the very well regarded Tomioka 55mm f1.4. If it's not, it does a great impression of it. This lens is far sharper at f1.4 than any classic fast fifty has any right to be. The bokeh is rather pleasant, too, I think. All in all, this is a great portrait lens. There's just one caveat here. Be prepared to shoot it wide open. I'm not sure if the diaphragm is busted or completely missing (turning the aperture dial doesn't offer much resistance, making me wonder if there's anything in there). Still, this lens is fully the equal of my SMC Takumar 50mm f1.4 wide open (and that's not a statement I throw around lightly, either...even my FA 50mm f1.4 that I really like doesn't get that kind of love). Buy it as a portrait lens and enjoy! No caps on this one either. $20Sold!

Mamiya Sekor SX 135mm f2.8 - This is another M42 lens. The SX series has a fatal flaw when you try to use them on modern bodies. The aperture ring sticks out too far and you can't mount them to your camera. I bought this one with that part cured, albeit crudely. The previous owner had ground off the excess bit of the aperture ring so it could be used with modern bodies. Alas! He must have messed up the diaphragm mechanism while doing so as this is another lens that doesn't stop down. Like the Auto GAF 55, this is another portrait special to be used wide open. You're in luck, though. This is pretty sharp lens wide open and has a delightful quality to it's bokeh. It's also got an onboard lens shade (which was a feature I didn't learn for almost a year it's hidden so well). No caps with this one either. $20Withdrawn

FA 28-70mm f4 - Are you feeling adventurous? Want a project lens, or something you can steal some parts from? Here ya go. This lens is in positively dreadful condition. The front element has all manner of "character" marks. The lens was dropped and the plastic filter ring is cracked. It's suffering the dreadful curse of lens element seperation that aflicts so many 28-70s. Despite all of that, it manages to still focus somehow and gives a...er...unique look. I picked it up because I sometimes can be a bit crazy about unique looks, but this one doesn't do it for me. Maybe it will for you. Maybe you can canabalize it for some parts. Maybe you want to work out frustrations against Pentax by smashing it with a 20 Lb. sledgehammer. Whatever your preference, you can have it for $5 shipped. Sorry, no caps with this "gem."Sold!

Tamron Adaptall KA Adapter - eBay can be an annoying place, you know that? You pay a bunch of money for a KA adapter for your SP 180mm f2.5 only to find out that the camera doesn't recognize the adapter in the slightest. You contact the seller and tell him that it doesn't work and he apologizes profusely but states that items are sold as is and all sales are final. Yeah...thanks a lot. Anyways, this will work just the same as a KM adapter. It's on the ugly side and I have no idea if it's repairable, so I'm pricing it even below what KM adapters seem to go for these days. If you've got a knack for making things work, here's your chance to show the world and score yourself a KA adapter for not much money. $15Sold!

Gossen LunaPro Light Meter - This dates back to the my Dad's days. It was in his closet of stuff and migrated to my closet of stuff after he passed away. Almost everything I've ever shot has had an onboard light meter. I always tried to be cool and use the "force" with the stuff that didn't (and found out I was no photographic Jedi in the process), so I've never used this much. Never the less, I asked my K-x, and it seemed to agree that the LunaPro was at least in the neighborhood with it's readings. I probably wouldn't try it with slide film, but it should be OK for negatives. It comes with batteries and a case, but the battery check function on the meter said that the batteries were starting to get a bit tired, so be prepared to invest in a couple new ones when you get it. $20Sold!

And that'll do it for this go 'round. Feel free to ask any questions. I'll answer them to the best of my humble ability. PayPal preferred for all transactions.

And if you've made it thus far, you're either wondering if I sold my marble kit in the last spring cleaning or you obviously have an affinity for cheap photographic stuff. If it's the latter, why not PM me and tell me what you'd like me to send you? If it's the former, well, I would ask that you not call the funny farm on me until I sell most or all of this stuff to pay for my trip there!

Last edited by GhoSStrider; 04-04-2011 at 09:43 AM.
03-24-2011, 07:25 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
I will take the Auto GAF 55mm f1.4. I will send you a pm on it.
03-24-2011, 07:30 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)
I'll take the Tamron PKA (or not) Adaptall adapter ... PM on its way ...
03-24-2011, 07:31 PM   #4

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
PM regarding the Auto GAF 55mm f1.4 and the Pentax M 28mm f3.5

03-24-2011, 07:31 PM   #5

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Hi, could you reserve the M-28mm; FA 28-70(price?) , please.

Thanks
Jack
03-24-2011, 07:33 PM   #6

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
PM sent
03-24-2011, 08:42 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 29 (100%)
pm sent

03-24-2011, 08:43 PM   #8
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
PM sent.
03-25-2011, 02:05 AM   #9

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
PM sent.
03-25-2011, 04:00 AM   #10

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
PM sent.
03-25-2011, 05:39 AM   #11

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
PM sent.
03-25-2011, 06:20 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Wow! The response has been far beyond what I thought it would be. I'll be going through a mail box of PMs and seeing who gets what based on timestamps of the PM. Thanks for the interest, everybody!
03-25-2011, 06:51 AM   #13

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
Auto GAF 55mm f1.4

Hello,

I would like to buy the Auto GAF 55mm f1.4.
Let me know if it's available. Thanks.
03-25-2011, 06:56 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Alrighty, all PMs have been replied to, and I've updated the listing above with what's available. There are two wonderful, fully functioning 50mm f2s looking for a good home. Won't you help them out?
03-26-2011, 09:29 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hmmm...the Ricoh and the Mamiya 50s aren't seeing a lot of love, so I dropped the price a little bit on them this morning. They're nice little lenses! Someone give them a good home!