Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-29-2011, 02:07 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 104 (98%)
[SOLD] Tamron SP 500mm f/8 mirror lens (55BB) PK Adaptall with HOOD! (Worldwide)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Tamron SP 500mm f/8 mirror lens (55BB) PK Adaptall with HOOD!

Asking Price
$229.00 U.S.

Item Location
Kearney, Nebraska USA

Item Description
As you may know, mirror lenses are usually crapola. This one is the exception. It is universally acclaimed for it's optical quality. Tamron's SP series was top notch, and this lens (55BB) is no exception. It is in wonderful shape, with just a bit of hazing visible on the backside of the front element, which is relatively easily removed for cleaning (unlike other designs). I did not do it because I was still very happy with it, as it is... see the accompanying images that were taken with the very lens that is for sale. Included is a corner crop image, for your consideration.

EDIT: After carefully cleaning the front element, it appears to me that there is no internal hazing. The mirror/reflectivity was apparently fooling me. May be a few internal dust specs, but this lens is in nice optical and mechanical condition. also the Focus ring is buttery smooth.

The lens includes the original Tamron hood (which alone brings more than $35) and caps. I am including an PK-M adaptall mount, but you can easily find Tamron Adaptall mounts to fit any camera mount.

If shipping by Priority Mail, this would go in the medium flat rate box. Can ship other ways if you have a preference. Email me if you need to know exact postage to your Zip. Will ship worldwide to PF-ers with good feedback.

Images taken recently with this very lens:

The following images were taken BEFORE I EVEN CLEANED THE FRONT LENS ELEMENT:

The following image is a corner crop of the image above:

Images of the lens itself to follow. It is in very nice shape, as is the original hood and caps (included in the sale).

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
See description

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
I describe my stuff accurately and thus have excellent feedback. You will find the item perfectly matches the description. No returns.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by cheekygeek; 04-07-2011 at 08:03 AM.
04-01-2011, 10:48 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bump. Photos of the lens and hood now added. Also update in description.

---------- Post added 04-02-11 at 06:17 AM ----------

PM from India replied to.
04-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bump for price drop.
04-07-2011, 08:06 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bump for a price drop.

Forgot to mention that this lens actually does 1:3 macro, which is another reason it is sought after.

04-08-2011, 07:41 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Check out the Mirror Lens Club for some of the fun you can have with a mirror lens, from macro to astrophotography and everything in between. Also, check out the discussions there. You will find people who foolishly think they "can't afford" the Tamron 55BB and will happily spend less to be completely dissatisfied with the images they get. Some will try one cheapo mirror lens after another until they have wasted more than they could have gotten the "real deal" for, in the first place. Some savings! You'll also find lots of great examples of images taken with the Tamron 55BB... this very lens.

See also: Hin's Tech Corner: Tamron SP 500mm f/8.0 adaptall-2 55BB Test Shots

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/76177-best-mirror-lens.html

Mine is priced right at average when you consider it includes the genuine Tamron Adaptall 2 PK/M mount (it's a fixed focus, so the M is all you need!) and the genuine lightweight but sturdy METAL hood.

Free First Class shipping to the Continental U.S. and Canada this weekend only. Elsewhere, please email me for shipping costs.

---------- Post added 04-09-2011 at 03:13 PM ----------

sold to the gentleman in British Columbia