Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2011, 11:35 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 31 (100%)
[SOLD] Pentax DA* 16-50mm 2.8 Lens (US/CAN)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax DA* 16-50mm 2.8 Lens

Asking Price
$600 US

Item Location
Lancaster, PA

Item Description
For sale is one Pentax DA* 16-50mm F2.8 lens. I'm the original owner and have had the lens for about 18 months.

In an attempt to be more spontaneous with my photography I've decided to try my hand at using primes. I decided to sell this lens since it wouldn't be seeing much use.

Cosmetically, the lens is in very-good-to-excellent condition. The lens tube is clean and free of marks or scuffs. There may be some marks on the metal lens mount, but it's all from typical, gentle use. The metal rim that surrounds the front glass element has a small smudge that I believe is a result of a manufacturing process, as the lens arrived this way. It does not touch or affect the glass element in any way.

The lens elements are clean, clear, and scratch-free. The aperture operates swiftly and the blades are clean. There may be a speck or two of dust inside, none of which will affect image quality.

For what it's worth, the serial number on the lens is 9028224.

At the end of winter I sent the lens in for re-calibrating since it seemed to be back-focusing slightly. The lens' performance is now in step with the reviews found here on Pentax Forums.

The lens will include the original box, papers, lens pouch, front lens cap, and lens shade. I believe the original rear leans cap was the cheap pop-on variety (I can't remember), but in any case, the lens will also come with a genuine Pentax twist-on K-mount rear lens cap. The original box is missing its UPC code because it was used for a rebate promotion.

Please! This sale is to Continental US/Canada only!
As with all my previous sales, I assume all PayPal fees. Your final cost will be for the lens plus shipping.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Charge
actual

Shipping Services
USPS or FedEx (buyer's choice)

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Returns must be made within 7 days of original receipt. Returned items must be in original condition. Returned items must be shipped pre-paid by buyer.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

04-08-2011, 11:42 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
PM sent
04-09-2011, 06:10 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 31 (100%)
Original Poster
Received a few PMs so far, all have been responded to.

Waiting to hear back from the first party. Will update as needed.

Thanks everybody!
04-10-2011, 07:40 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Just sent a PM seconds ago. Thanks. Glenn