Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
Banned

Feedback Score: 8 (79%)
[SOLD] Pentax ME F & SMC Pentax AF Zoom 2.8 35-70mm (Worldwide)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax ME F & SMC Pentax AF Zoom 2.8 35-70mm

Asking Price
125.00 USD

Item Location
Savannah, GA, United States

Item Description
here is a Pentax ME F auto-focus film SLR. Pentax's first AF capable camera and the occampanying AF Zoom lens. the camera body is in over excellent cosmetic shape, with very few bright marks in the satin chrome. the bottom plate is in like new shape, as the original plastic protection sticker is still in tact. the camera functions as it should. all the electronic functions work and the electronically controlled shutter is accurate. I only ran one roll of film through this body, but when I did (about a year ago) it worked as should. however, the body does need to have the seals replaced and I would strongly recommend getting it properly CLA'd because the seals are gummed up (original seals are still in place) and as you can see from the photos, the mirror foam has gummed up and deposited bits on the mirror. this can be cleaned, but I wouldn't recommend doing this yourself, so again, a CLA should be considered with the purchase price. it has a brand new set of batteries, which I will ship with the camera.

the lens is fully functional, the AF works just as it should, and is actually pretty snappy in bright high contrast situations. the aperture blades are clean, oil fee and snappy. the lens has some dust (visible in the photos) on the front element from use outdoors, but it can easily be cleaned, there are absolutely no signs of hazing, fungus, fogging, element separation, cleaning marks or scratches. the glass is otherwise clean and clear with the original deep red SMC coating in tact. the photos look like there are cleaning marks, but there are none. the glass is not damaged there is some hardened sticker reside on the lens barrel from the JCII inspection sticker, but it can be cleaned off. the lens has a fresh set of AAA batteries and will be included. original front lens cap included (no rear lens cap)

the original vinyl case with the appropriate AF lens front attachment, but the vinyl has deteriorated pretty bad and will leave gummy bits on the camera if used, so I wouldn't recommend everyday use.

this is a fully functional set, for anyone looking to experience Pentax's first foray into the world of AF and with a light seal replacement and CLA this would make a fine collectors piece.

Full size photo set:
ME F & SMC Pentax AF 2.8 35-70mm - a set on Flickr

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
shipping included in price, excluding insurance, in continental US. for outside the US, shipping is extra. UPS inside the US is extra.

Shipping Services
USPS, UPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
I have attempted to describe and show the lens as accurately as possible, but if you are unsatisfied, contact me first and we will work out a refund once the lens is back in my possession and looked over. I will pay for half of return shipping along with refund once lens is found to be in the same shape as sent. you have one week from time of arrival to contact me for a refund. I will no accept after that period.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

04-22-2011, 03:08 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 129 (99%)
PM Sent for camera
04-22-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
Banned

Feedback Score: 8 (79%)
Original Poster
sold. enjoy it, and have fun. will be good as new once Eric does his magic.