Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2011, 08:46 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 66 (100%)
[SOLD] Vivitar 2X Macro Focusing TC PK/A (US)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Vivitar 2X Macro Focusing TC PK/A

Asking Price

Item Location
Penna USA

Item Description
I'm wanting to upgrade to a dedicated macro lens, so this TC needs to go to help fund my purchase.

This is the Macro Focusing Teleconverter that has the contacts that enable automatic aperture to work. I've used it with my A-50 1.7 lens with great results (see my other listing for this lens for sale also).

Glass is totally clean. All functions of this TC work as they are supposed to. Coupled with my A-50 1.7, I was able to use the camera settings (K20D) to control the aperture. Both lens caps are included.

The TC price is shipped to your door via USPS Priority Mail. I will ship within 2 business days - usually the next day. I will absorb the PayPal Fee.

If you have any questions, please ask!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
Included

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
2 day inspection period. I will accept a return of this item if not as described if notified by the buyer within 2 days of receipt.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by stormtech; 11-26-2011 at 05:16 AM.
04-24-2011, 03:02 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Does anyone know how the outcome of coupling this with my vivtar series 1 105mm macro would be? Would it allow for actual magnification?
04-25-2011, 08:12 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Svendinvenn Quote
Does anyone know how the outcome of coupling this with my vivtar series 1 105mm macro would be? Would it allow for actual magnification?
I don't quite understand what you mean by "actual magnification", but it will allow you to focus even closer than before (beyond 1:1, but I'm to lazy to do the math), and also will give you more working distance (the effective focal lengh will be 210mm, although of course you will lose 2 stops of light with the TC). I tried doing this once with my Tamron 90mm macro and this TC, and it really could get in close on some aphids I was shooting, but it was extemely hard to get anything in focus and sharp (not easily hand-holdable, plus the DOF is so thin). I've always been quite impressed with how little this TC degrades IQ, by the way.
04-25-2011, 09:12 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 39 (98%)
QuoteOriginally posted by macTak Quote
I've always been quite impressed with how little this TC degrades IQ, by the way.
Sorry to be a bother but do you a sample image or two you have taken with this TC and wichever lens you used?

04-26-2011, 03:51 AM   #5

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
PM Sent
04-26-2011, 05:15 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 66 (100%)
Original Poster
Sale pending to Highland.