Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2011, 03:22 PM   #1
Banned

Feedback Score: 8 (79%)
[SOLD] Fish-Eye-Takumar 1:11/18mm #1240328 (Worldwide)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Fish-Eye-Takumar 1:11/18mm #1240328

Asking Price

Item Location
Savannah, GA, United States

Item Description
Here is a Fish-Eye-Takumar f11 18mm lens. the most compact lens Asahi Optical (Pentax) ever designed. it has a 'circular' aperture and goes from f11 to f32. it has no focusing ring, by design. glass is clean and free of any fogging, fungus, scratches, cleaning marks, etc. aperture works as should. lens body is pristine with no visible paint loss, scratches, etc. original Takumar front and rear lens caps included, and in equal pristine condition. also included is original leather case in excellent condition.

this is a very compact and lightweight lens. optically it isn't anywhere near the more common f4 17mm fish-eye. but this is an oddity in the Takumar line. you're not likely to find a better example than this at this price. if you fancy an odd Takumar or a unique fish-eye lens, you shouldn't pass this up. for the collector, this is a great price as they go on ebay for 1-300 dollars more, in worse condition.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
shipping included in price, excluding insurance, in continental US. for outside the US, shipping is extra. UPS inside the US is extra.

Shipping Services
USPS, UPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
I have attempted to describe and show the lens as accurately as possible, but if you are unsatisfied, contact me first and we will work out a refund once the lens is back in my possession and looked over. I will pay for half of return shipping along with refund once lens is found to be in the same shape as sent. you have one week from time of arrival to contact me for a refund. I will no accept after that period.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by séamuis; 04-28-2011 at 12:23 PM.
04-24-2011, 04:08 PM   #2
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 11 (92%)
Pm sent.
04-25-2011, 01:01 AM   #3
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Neat lens, have any sample pics?
04-25-2011, 06:01 AM   #4
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by A-Craig Quote
Neat lens, have any sample pics?
I do not. the truth is, I have never used it on digital, and the one time I used it on film, I never got around to developing it. you can find samples online rather easily though. this lens is more a collector piece rather than a serious user. it was an experiment by Asahi Optical, and was their first fisheye. some samples were better than others, but most samples (I can only assume mine as well) are pretty soft on the edges and corners. (really everywhere but the center) and even then you have to stop down pretty far to get good performance. nowhere in the same league as the venerable f4 17mm, but then again, there is no lens like this one. the best I can describe it is a 'holga' look. not something you would make serious photography with, but a lot of fun to use. no focus ring, just stop the aperture down, and snap away. better suited for film, since you won't get the full fish-eye effect on an aps-c camera.

the deal with this lens is the price. if you are a collector, or just want a quirky lens, you will never find another example of this lens for such a cheap price. despite its reputation for poor performance, not a lot of these were manufactured so the typical price for one (even in less than stellar condition and often without the case) go for 2-400 dollars more than what I am asking.

04-25-2011, 04:20 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
I keep a reasonable eye on Takumar pricing, & so I can confirm that what you are saying about pricing is correct....invariably, they are priced in the $400 range....I've never seen one as cheap as this, particularly an example that appears to be in original condition with proper case & caps etc....surely, a VERY good find for someone.
Cheers, Pickles.
04-25-2011, 04:29 PM   #6

Feedback Score: 13 (100%)
that thing is so cute. wow at f/32, its aperture is only .56mm wide
04-27-2011, 07:17 AM   #7
Banned

Original Poster
bump, for a unique lens at a great price.

04-28-2011, 11:08 AM   #8
Banned

Original Poster
bump for price reduction.
04-28-2011, 12:30 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 42 (100%)
Just pm'd

---------- Post added 04-28-11 at 08:17 PM ----------

Payment sent! I will attach this to one of the film cameras and shoot some specialty perspective shots with it