Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2011, 09:59 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 36 (100%)
[SOLD] Pentax ZX-5N Kit, Pentax-F 28mm, and Sigma-A 24mm (Worldwide)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax ZX-5N Kit, Pentax-F 28mm, and Sigma-A 24mm

Asking Price
See Items

Item Location
Maryland, USA

Item Description
Pentax ZX-5N: SOLD
I am selling a used Pentax ZX-5N 35mm film camera. Included with the camera is the Pentax FG battery grip with box, the Pentax F cable release, a Pentax AF220T Flash with case, both the original and Data backs (data back currently installed and includes box,) 2 part ever-ready case FKM, and the original instruction manual. I do not have the original box for the camera. CONDITION: First off, the pop-up flash does not pop. Flash otherwise works but like others, the spring went on it. For the adventurous, there is plenty of info on PentaxForums about how to fix this, but considering the AF220T flash included in the sale is a better flash, I haven't personally ever really worried about it. Otherwise, there are not any marks on the camera. All markings are clear and present. Everything (camera and accessories) functions exactly as it should. I enjoyed this camera and am only selling because I recently bought an MZ-S.
PRICE: $100 + $5 shipping CONUS. Paypal fee included in price.

Pentax-F 28mm f2.8 SOLD
This lens was sold to me as surplus from the US Forest Service. At the time I had the FA 28mm lens but wanted to compare the two. This lens had better contrast wide-open so I kept it and sold the FA. The glass on the lens is in great shape. There are no marks, oil, or fungus and it takes great photos. Cosmetically, the barrel is in mostly great shape. It appears that the piece of rubber on the underside of the lens had started to lift up at the two ends and someone had tried to glue it back down (with some success.) There are some signs of residue around these two spots (shown in the photos.) It's nothing major and doesn't impact the photos, but probably not for the purest collector. Price reflects this cosmetic flaw. Pentax rear cap & 3rd party front pinch-style cap included.
PRICE: $200 + $5 shipping CONUS. Paypal fee included in price.

Sigma-A 24mm f2.8 Super-Wide II (Manual Focus) SOLD
This lens is in good condition. There is one spot of paint loss (the number "4" in 24mm - shown in photo) but all other markings are in good shape. The optics are great; no scratches, oil, or fungus. The only other thing worth mention is the aperture ring. I do not have any other sigma lenses to compare to, but I do not like the aperture ring on this lens. It is plastic whereas most of the rest of the lens is metal and rubber. It moves fine through the range, but it is easy to skip over steps because it has kind of a jerky movement. Fortunately, I don't think I have ever used this lens in anything other than "A" mode, so this hasn't been much of an issue for me. Sigma rear cap and 3rd party front pinch-style cap included.
PRICE: $60 + $5 shipping CONUS. Paypal fee included in price.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
CONUS

Shipping Charge
See Items

Shipping Services
CONUS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Returns taken within 7 days of delivery and return of item.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by sunny16; 05-11-2011 at 09:19 AM.
05-01-2011, 10:34 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 33 (100%)
PM sent on F28!
05-01-2011, 11:55 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Lots of interest on the F 28mm. At this time sale is pending to Gabriel BC with a number of others waiting in line. I will update when lens is sold.

---------- Post added 05-02-11 at 06:44 AM ----------

Sale pending on the Sigma-A 24mm.
05-02-2011, 06:27 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 38 (100%)
crud, I would have snapped that F-28 up if I had seen this in time :-\ Enjoy, it Gabriel!

05-02-2011, 07:56 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 67 (100%)
pm sent with offer on Sigma A-24
05-02-2011, 01:34 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The Pentax-F 28mm and Sigma-A 24mm lenses are now sold. Thanks for the interest.

The ZX-5N is still for sale. I would like to stick to selling this "kit" in the US due to the number of items included (and therefore the size & weight of the box.) Prices to ship outside the US on this would be getting close to the asking price of the camera and I don't imagine many would pay that much. Thanks!
05-03-2011, 02:27 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 30 (100%)
A thank you bump!

Sunny 16, Thanks to your thread titled "brand new MZ S...." I got the camera which I absolutely adore! Also, a thank you to Adam who recently made changes to the site so that the latest threads show up in the sidebar. That was why I saw the post in a timely manner and placed the order with amazon.
Good luck with the sale!