Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2011, 03:32 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
[SOLD] FA 100mm f/2.8, DA* 50-135mm, SA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, Kata 3N1-20

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hey fellow users! Been shooting a while with all these lenses, and just decided that I wanted to go a different route with my lenses! I'll be willing to sell all of these or trade for the following: FA 77mm f/1.8 (or really any portrait lens in this focal length range), Sigma 10-20mm, Pentax 60-250mm, or a High Quality Shoulder bag. If you have any other similar items, PM me. Who knows, I might have overlooked something I really wanted

First up: DA* 50-135mm (original owner) Absolutely loved this lens. Took it around the world, shot everything possible with it and the results were always amazing. Just now my needs have changed, and now I need something smaller for street and bigger for airsoft games (I am now shooting airsoft games for money). Had the SDM motor replaced a few months ago and the papers from CRIS will come with the camera along with all the original stuff like box, pouch, Also will throw in the Hoya HMC UV filter with it ($40).
$750 OBO+shipping

FA 100mm f/2.8 Wonderful lens and another one hard to give up on. Loved shooting macro with it and probably will buy it again... Lens only.
$400 OBO+shipping

Kata 3N1-20 Was an amazing bag to take with my up Lake Tahoe and in China, but just need something else for street photography. Great condition and fits the DA*50-135mm+camera attached.
$40+shipping

I'll be posting the pictures in the next week or so!
PM for more pictures/details or e-mail at glxcomp@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Last edited by GLXLR; 05-09-2011 at 07:26 PM.
05-09-2011, 04:56 PM   #2
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 24 (100%)
PM sent for 50-135 and kata 20
05-09-2011, 07:26 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
50-135mm and bag are pending. 100mm macro still up.
05-10-2011, 05:36 AM   #4

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
hi just wondering if your 100mm, f2.8 is the same one as on this ebay page, coz i think im a bit confused at to which is the normal and which is the wr
Pentax D-FA 100mm f2.8 macro lens with hood (eBay item 120722320847 end time 16-May-11 17:06:17 AEST) : Cameras

05-10-2011, 06:37 AM   #5
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
It says FA, not D-FA. There is no WR version in FA (which is full frame). And the one you linked is D-FA, so it could be WR, but it isn't. Anyone selling the WR version will almost definitely say so, since it clearly adds value to it.
05-10-2011, 07:10 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 28 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by crimson_penguin Quote
It says FA, not D-FA. There is no WR version in FA (which is full frame). And the one you linked is D-FA, so it could be WR, but it isn't. Anyone selling the WR version will almost definitely say so, since it clearly adds value to it.
Just for clarification the D FA and D FA WR are also full frame lenses. The FA version has the clamp and the 2 newer lenses do not.

http://kmp.bdimitrov.de/lenses/primes/short-tele/FA100f2.8-Macro.html
05-10-2011, 08:26 AM   #7
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
Oh right, of course. D FA just means digital coatings, but still full frame.

05-11-2011, 04:25 AM   #8
axl
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 23 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Just for clarification the D FA and D FA WR are also full frame lenses. The FA version has the clamp and the 2 newer lenses do not.

FA 100/2.8 Macro
for further clarification, according to the very page you linked all three have focus clamp (although I wasn't aware of the fact that the DFA WR has clamp too). It's the focus limiter that sets them apart. FA has limiter, DFA and DFA WR don't...

one more thing, this FA100 is probably beset lens in it's range. Very sharp, very fast AF if you want it for non macro stuff, good MF, excellent built, terrific IQ and size and weight of a brick.
If you don't mind the last two, go for it, you won't be disappointed for sure!
05-11-2011, 04:54 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 200 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
for further clarification, according to the very page you linked all three have focus clamp (although I wasn't aware of the fact that the DFA WR has clamp too). It's the focus limiter that sets them apart. FA has limiter, DFA and DFA WR don't...
The DFA-WR doesn't have a clamp. I saw it mentioned on the linked page, but looking at it right now, there's no clamp nor limiter on the 100WR. The FA and DFA both have clamps. What's nice about the DFA clamp is that the body knows when it's engaged and won't allow AF. On the FA the AF can still engage with the clamp on, so you have to be aware of that as it's isn't great for the AF motor to function with the clamp on.

QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
one more thing, this FA100 is probably beset lens in it's range. Very sharp, very fast AF if you want it for non macro stuff, good MF, excellent built, terrific IQ and size and weight of a brick.
If you don't mind the last two, go for it, you won't be disappointed for sure!
No argument here, I actually slightly preferred the output from the FA and the AF is faster for general use, especially with the limiter on. The downside, as you pointed out, is it's almost twice as heavy
05-16-2011, 07:49 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
50-135mm+bag pending.... 100mm macro sold+SHIPPED