Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2011, 05:16 PM   #1
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
[SOLD] k20d, D-BG2, FA 50 2.8 Macro, Accessories $375 (CONUS)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
k20d, D-BG2, FA 50 2.8 Macro, Accessories $375

Asking Price
$375

Item Location
Vancouver, WA

Item Description
For sale is a used Pentax k20d with D-BG2 grip, charger, 3 batteries (1 pentax, 2 generic), original packaging, manuals, software.

The camera is in very good shape, I would say excellent. It has around 29000 clicks, so it still has about 2/3s of its shutter life ahead. Everything works as it should. This was my primary camera for a couple of years, then served as a backup to my k5. Most of the photos in the PPG gallery below were taken on this camera. It is very capable, an for low iso work is still as good as anything out there. The camera comes with the D-BG2 battery grip for extra power, extra grip, and convenience shooting portraits.

PENTAX Photo Gallery

As a bonus Im including a FA 50mm 2.8 macro. This lens needs a little explanation, however. I acquired it used some time ago at a used camera show. It apparently has been dropped in the past, doing some damage to the internal focusing gears. The damage is kind of unique and beneficial, because the end result is that the lens now has a permanent 'focus limiter'. The lens autofocuses perfectly in the normal focal range, from infinity down to about 1:4 magnification and so works as a great autofocus 50mm prime. After that you have to force it past a tough spot in the gearing that goes from 1:4 to about 1:2.5 magnification, after which is will focus smoothly again in the macro range (i usually manual focused in this range). It takes amazingly sharp photos and the glass is in great shape, so whatever happened to it has no effect on IQ. I figured it would be tough to sell alone, but might be of interest to someone looking to get into macro on the cheap. It has truly great IQ, and im basically throwing it in for nothing. There are some macros in the PPG gallery above taken with this lens.

If you are interested, please pm me. This package would be really good for someone trying to get into the pentax system on the cheap or as a backup body.

Thanks for looking

(ps, sorry for the crappy cell phone shots)

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge
actual shipping cost/insurance

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Flat Rate

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
no returns. please satisfy inquiries prior to payment

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
GT-I9000  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
GT-I9000  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
GT-I9000  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
GT-I9000  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
GT-I9000  Photo 
05-24-2011, 05:35 PM   #2