Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-14-2011, 07:57 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 95 (100%)
[SOLD] Hlaf Price Lenses! (not quite perfect) M 50/1.4, K 100/4 macro

"Half" price lenses! Man, the only thing I can't edit.

Pentax SMC 100mm f/4 Macro lens - $79 plus shipping SOLD
Pentax-M SMC 50mm f/1.4 lens - $39 plus shipping SOLD

Shipping $5 for the 50, $8 for the 100, $11 for both or more (see other ads) in the US. International shipping available, please ask about rates to your country.

Here I have two nice old manual lenses that take great pictures. However, on careful inspection (with a flashlight, etc.) they have some issues. So now you can get them at bargain prices!

The K 100mm macro is more rare than the M version, although they share the same wonderful optics. Can close focus to 1:2, with more working distance than a 50mm macro lens. My copy has a little external brassing but nice smooth focusing and the aperture is snappy. In fact I recently had the aperture ring repaired and the whole thing cleaned out by Eric Hendrickson. There is still a fair amount of internal dust, though, if you shine a bright light through, and a clump of something whitish toward one edge that I can not further identify. As it MIGHT be fungus, and thus MIGHT get worse, I offer the lens at a steep discount. I have placed it in the sun for a week, which should kill fungus and prevent spread. Plus it could be re-cleaned professionally, Eric has said he would be happy to do so. But as I rarely use it anyway, I will leave it to the buyer to make the call of whether they want to spend the money.

It does take lovely pictures, good for close-ups of course as well as use as a moderate telephoto. Some samples below. Front lens cap is not included, unfortunately, but I do have a generic rear lens cap to send and will wrap the front well to prevent damage in transit.

The M 50/1.4 also has some external brassing but shows nice smooth mechanical function of focus and aperture. It has many white spots between two of the rear elements, and while I have taken it almost all the way apart I just can't get to the affected area. I have not had a professional try cleaning it, though, and suspect that would do the trick. Not really sure what it is, but as it might be fungus, again selling it cheap. I put this one out in the sun for a week as well, just in case, and haven't noticed any change in the year or so I have had it. I have not noticed any effect on pictures taken with this lens.

It also takes great pictures, despite the spots. I like it more than an 8 element Super Tak I used to have, the bokeh is really nice. Sharpness seems good to me, too, even wide open - not perfect, but very usable. I have a Takumar front cap for this and a generic rear cap.

Although I am happy to refund your money if you find the lenses not as described (upon return, of course), you will pay for shipping back. Please ask any questions you might have, and happy lens shopping!

Nick

Last edited by Nick Siebers; 06-15-2011 at 12:28 PM.
06-14-2011, 08:29 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 63 (98%)
PM send

---------- Post added 06-14-11 at 11:33 PM ----------

PM send
06-14-2011, 10:14 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 10 (100%)
Can you please rate the shipping of these two lenses to France ?

Thanks
06-15-2011, 06:29 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The Pentax-M 50mm f/1.4 lens is sold! The SMC 100mm f/4 macro is still available. Lepiallou, it appears it will cost about $17 to ship the macro lens to France, although if I can get it cheaper I would refund the difference. (Depends on the final weight of the package) That would be without tracking, registered mail adds another $11. Thanks for your interest, let me know!

06-15-2011, 10:08 AM   #5
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Sending PM
06-15-2011, 10:47 AM   #6

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Are you taking PayPal?
06-15-2011, 11:15 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yes, PayPal seems the easiest way to do these transactions.

---------- Post added 06-15-2011 at 02:28 PM ----------

Both sold now, thanks!