Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2011, 09:39 AM   #1

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
[SOLD] Pentax SMC-FA 31mm f/1.8 Limited black AIV + Kalt hood (Worldwide)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax SMC-FA 31mm f/1.8 Limited black AIV + Kalt hood

Asking Price
775 USD

Item Location
New Mexico, USA

Item Description
This is the black version, assembled in Vietnam. It is in good, used condition with some light, internal dust and minor cosmetic blemishes that can be seen in the linked photographs:
  • There are two tiny areas at opposite edges of the front element where the coating is discolored. They could be from cleaning, but I'm not certain. They have no effect on image quality and are outside the area of the lens used by APS-C cameras.
  • There are several, very small areas on the built-in hood where the finish is scratched, rubbed smooth, or chipped.
  • There is a tiny area on the focus ring where some of the black paint has rubbed off.
Aside from these cosmetic issues, the lens works perfectly and has given me no problems. It has taken many great photos for me and truly lives up to its reputation.

Included are both caps, storage pouch, original box, and paperwork. I am also including a Kalt metal lens hood, 58-49mm step-down ring, and 58mm, center-pinch lens cap that fits over the end of the hood or can be used to replace the original cap without the extra hood. The Kalt hood is a better match to the lens’s angle of view on APS-C cameras than the built-in hood. The step-down ring also allows the lens to be used with 49mm filters, which are common to other FA limited lenses, and does not produce vignetting on APS-C cameras.

More images of the lens can be seen here: Atpic: gallery 43703: Pentax FA31mm f/1.8 limited by wrjacobs

Please contact me if you have any questions about me or the item. I am new to this forum, but have sold occasionally on eBay since 2001 and am a photo enthusiast, not a professional seller. I am beginning to sell off my Pentax gear because my needs have changed and I have to raise some funds. Thanks for looking!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Buyer pays actual shipping cost. Please contact me about shipping costs to your location.

Shipping Services
USPS, FedEx

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Return Policy & Additional Details
If paying by PayPal, total amount will be adjusted to include PayPal's fees. Item ships after payment has cleared. Returns will be accepted only if item is not in condition stated, and must be sent within 7 days of receipt. Please contact me immediately if you have any problems with an item you have purchased from me.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

Last edited by wrjacobs; 07-07-2011 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Price reduction
07-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #2

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
Original Poster
Bump for price reduction.
07-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
pm sent

---------- Post added 07-07-2011 at 02:49 PM ----------

LBA strikes! funds sent.