Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2011, 09:51 AM   #1

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
[SOLD] Pentax SMC-FA 100-300mm f/4.7-5.8 + hood (Worldwide)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax SMC-FA 100-300mm f/4.7-5.8 + hood

Asking Price
100 USD

Item Location
New Mexico, USA

Item Description
Among inexpensive, Pentax telephoto zooms, this lens gets the highest ratings among users of this forum, but is getting hard to find. My copy is in fair condition but works very well. Some minor issues:
  • The front element has a small streak near the edge that does not affect image quality, and there is some internal dust.
  • There are several scratches and marks on the lens barrel, some of which reveal the black plastic beneath the silver paint. However, they have no effect on performance.
  • The zoom ring creeps, but I work around this problem by placing a wide, black, rubber band (included) around the aperture ring, partially overlapping the edge of the zoom ring. You can adjust the resistance of the ring by overlapping more or less of the band. (I have also read that zoom creep can be fixed in some cases by partially disassembling the lens and tightening some screws, but I leave that to a more daring owner.)
Included are both caps and an Actina Super-Scru metal lens hood with 58-49mm step-down ring and 49mm, center-pinch lens cap. The hood is a perfect match to the lens, which never had an authentic, Pentax hood but badly needs one in order to achieve maximum performance. The hood’s length is well-suited to the lens’s angle of view and when removed, it can be stored in a reversed position over the lens barrel without taking up any extra space in your bag.

More images of the lens can be seen here: Atpic: gallery 43704: Pentax FA100-300mm f/4.7-5.8 by wrjacobs

Please contact me if you have any questions about me or the item. I am new to this forum, but have sold occasionally on eBay since 2001 and am a photo enthusiast, not a professional seller. I am beginning to sell off my Pentax gear because my needs have changed and I have to raise some funds. Thanks for looking!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Fair

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Buyer pays actual shipping cost. Please contact me about shipping costs to your location.

Shipping Services
USPS, FedEx

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Return Policy & Additional Details
If paying by PayPal, total amount will be adjusted to include PayPal's fees. Item ships after payment has cleared. Returns will be accepted only if item is not in condition stated, and must be sent within 7 days of receipt. Please contact me immediately if you have any problems with an item you have purchased from me.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

07-06-2011, 04:09 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 17 (95%)
pm'ed a reply
07-06-2011, 08:44 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
This is one of the best Pentax AF lenses. I am surprised no one has bought it. I have new and more modern lenses, however, when in doubt, this is the one that always come ahead. Most of my photos accepted in the Pentax gallery have been shot with this lens.
07-07-2011, 09:32 AM   #4

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
Original Poster
Sold pending payment.