Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-11-2011, 09:41 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 74 (100%)
[SOLD] Sigma for Pentax K mount 120-400mm DG HSM OS Lens (Worldwide)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Sigma for Pentax K mount 120-400mm DG HSM OS Lens

Asking Price
$790.00 (OBO!)

Item Location
Twin Cities, MN

Item Description
I purchased this Sigma 120-400mm lens in February of this year with the intention of pursuing wildlife, more nature and some zoo photography - I've found I simply don't have the time and patience for this aspect of photography as much as I had hoped!

The lens is in Like new condition - I've used it for perhaps 200 photos at the most. The optics are flawless, no marks on either the front or rear elements and no dust found internally. Aperture of course works, and this is the Optically stabilized version of the lens. Though of course Pentax cameras have sensor based stabilization, I've found that having the optical stabilizer at long focal lengths has been very beneficial - the image is stabilized prior to taking the shot (as soon as the shutter is half pressed), as opposed to only during the shot as with the in-body stabilization.

The sigma HSM is quite fast, definitely faster than SDM (compared to my 50-135mm) and also quieter - it works very well. Note this lens is limited to use on SDM capable bodies only (though you may use manual focus on pre-SDM cameras).

I've discussed the lens and posted some samples on page 7 of the following thread on the forum here as well:

sigma-120-400mm-dg-os-hsm-pentax-anyone-tried-yet-7.html

Optically this copy appears spot on, I have been very happy with the results when using the lens - I haven't noticed a need to adjust focus on my K-5.

Included are the lens, original hood, front and rear caps, padded carrying case, original box and paperwork.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
$20 (US) Int'l Varies (will be approx $65 USD via USPS Express mail insured)

Shipping Services
Fedex, USPS (Int'l)

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
This lens is being shipped as described. Returns will only be accepted if the item is found not to be in working condition as described, buyer will pay return shipping. The item will be shipped fully insured against damage.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Samples:

Last edited by pxpaulx; 07-11-2011 at 01:14 PM.
07-11-2011, 04:09 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 32 (100%)
PM'd for info.
07-11-2011, 08:17 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Several PMs received, all replied!

Note for international buyers - if I am not able to insure the lens for the full amount through USPS (they limit some countries to around $500) I will not be able to ship. If you're interested and don't have access to the USPS site I can check for you.
07-11-2011, 08:25 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
I really like the large zooms by Sigma, they do not let you down. Some people may need a learning curve in order to get the best of the lens, but once you do, you will love the lens.

07-12-2011, 01:44 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Several PMs have been received, all replied, lens still available!
07-12-2011, 10:01 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
PM sent.
07-13-2011, 03:28 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sold to Grant Richie, thanks for looking!