Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-20-2011, 11:34 AM   #1
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
[SOLD] Various Lenses and Gear

THIS SALE HAS CONCLUDED. Any unsold items will be relisted at some future date.

Pentax Garage Sale!

DISCLAIMER: My free time is in short supply, so responses to PMs may be slow in coming.

Payment:
I will only accept PayPal payments from PentaxForums members with an established posting history. Everyone else, postal money order (most cost effective) or Western Union ($$$).

Shipping: CONUS only. Depending on what you want to buy, I’ll weigh the gear and estimate your shipping cost. I will also include insurance and delivery confirmation (tracking).

Unfortunately, I don’t have the time (just now) to photograph everything in detail. If you need a photo of a particular item, please send me a PM requesting exactly what you want to see and I’ll add it to this post as soon as possible.

For all lenses below, there is no fungus, haze, or oil on the aperture (unless otherwise noted).

SOLD Pentax AF540fgz (AF 540 AF-540) - $250 Fair condition - due to some scratches on the underside of the flash head. Comes with original box, manual, storage bag, and aftermarket diffuser cap. Works perfectly.

SOLD LowePro Pro Runner 200 AW (Olive Drab Green and Black) - $50 Like New Condition - Never used outside of the house. I did a lot of shopping around to find the "perfect" camera bag for my Pentax gear and after 3 false starts, this is where landed. There is enough room to carry the body, external flash, telephoto lens, and up to three other lenses (depending on their size). It also easily fit my extra batteries, lens filters, remote, etc... This is an absolutely fantastic bag which costs $75 new.

SOLD Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG APO Macro Telephoto Zoom Lens - $150 Excellent condition. Only used twice. In absolutely spotless, condition with original box, caps, and padded storage bag. Don't confuse this lens with the non-APO version which does not have the red stripe around the lens. The APO designation means Sigma used special low-dispersion (SLD) glass and is designed to minimize color aberration. PHOTOS ARE IN THIS GALLERY

Pentax-DA AL II 18-55mm f3.5 - 5.6 - $75 Excellent condition. Comes with the original box, lens hood, and both caps.

Pentax-DA 40mm f2.8 Limited - $300 Excellent condition. Comes with the lens hood, storage pouch, original box and both caps. This is my favorite Pentax lens and I'm going to hate to see it go. PHOTOS ARE IN THIS GALLERY

Pentax-F 50mm f1.7 - $220 Good Condition. Recently professionally cleaned. No fungus or haze and the aperture blades are snappy and oil-free. Includes front and rear caps. PHOTOS ARE IN THIS GALLERY

Katz-Eye Focusing Screen - $150 Like New Condition - Only on my camera for 2 weeks before I took it off and sold the camera. In flawless condition. Comes with the original box & installation tool. Compatible with the K-r, K-x, K100 series, K110, & K200. Has Opti-Brite coating and rule of thirds gridlines. Originally cost me $205.

Since condition is subjective, I’m listing the following k-mount manual focus lenses at “good to fair” condition. Most of these lenses are 20+ years old and will have normal amounts of dust for their age.

PENDING SALE Pentax-M 50mm f1.4 $95 (Good to Fair condition)

PENDING SALE Pentax-A 50mm f1.7 $65 (Good to Fair condition)

PENDING SALE Pentax-M 135mm f3.5 $50 (Good condition. Integrated lens hood.)

SOLD K-Mart Focal 28mm f2.8 Manual Focus Lens - $30 - Don't be put off by the "K-Mart" brand label. This lens is tack sharp and has 8 aperture blades.

Tele-Astranar 400mm f6.3
$30 (Fair to poor condition - various scuff marks)

Ricoh XR Rikenon 28mm f2.8 Manual Focus Lens - $30 - This lens is also very sharp with great color rendition. There is a typical amount of distortion commonly present in wide-angle lenses. 6 aperture blades.

Albinar 28mm f2.8 Manual Focus Lens - $15 – Externally good condition. Internally, the aperture blades have some oil on them (barely visible on the back side of the blades) and are not very snappy. Has 6 aperture blades.

Vivitar 80-200mm f4.5 Manual Focus Lens - $15 – Good condition except aperture blades are not as "snappy" as they should be. No oil is visible, even using a flashlight.

Last edited by abcdave; 07-27-2011 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Update
07-20-2011, 11:59 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 48 (100%)
Please reference the Paypal security issues. I was not aware it was a problem. They provide a level of protection when dealing in the unknown that money orders can't. Thanks, Lee
07-20-2011, 12:01 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 120 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by imtheguy Quote
Please reference the Paypal security issues. I was not aware it was a problem. They provide a level of protection when dealing in the unknown that money orders can't. Thanks, Lee
agree

I was thinking about getting the backpack but I am not a big fan of money orders...
07-20-2011, 12:31 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
As a buyer, PayPal is not only convenient, but very secure. I ask that you view PayPal from the perspective of a seller. PayPal has changed their position from one of impartial third-party proxy to fully siding with buyers (probably a reaction to seller exploitation). I have personally had an eBay buyer lie about receiving an item and dispute the payment. Even though I could prove that the buyer actually received the item, PayPal still took their word over mine and I had the money removed from my bank account despite my objections. In researching the situation, I found a website with hundreds of similar stories in their forums: PayPal Alternative - Pay Pal Lawsuits, PayPal Complaints & Fraud If you require more evidence, then I recommend this site which can provide hours of interesting reading.

I have too much invested in camera gear to get scammed a second time, but I will say this: If you have a longstanding Pentax Forums account and a regular posting history here, then I will accept PayPal from you. I would accept PayPal from both posters above.

Last, even if you choose to not buy the camera backpack from me, I highly recommend it.

07-20-2011, 12:36 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 200 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by abcdave Quote
As a buyer, PayPal is not only convenient, but very secure. I ask that you view PayPal from the perspective of a seller. PayPal has changed their position from one of impartial third-party proxy to fully siding with buyers (probably a reaction to seller exploitation). I have personally had an eBay buyer lie about receiving an item and dispute the payment. Even though I could prove that the buyer actually received the item, PayPal still took their word over mine and I had the money removed from my bank account despite my objections. In researching the situation, I found a website with hundreds of similar stories in their forums: PayPal Alternative - Pay Pal Lawsuits, PayPal Complaints & Fraud If you require more evidence, then I recommend this site which can provide hours of interesting reading.

I have too much invested in camera gear to get scammed a second time, but I will say this: If you have a longstanding Pentax Forums account and a regular posting history here, then I will accept PayPal from you. I would accept PayPal from both posters above.

Last, even if you choose to not buy the camera backpack from me, I highly recommend it.
I agree these are valid points for a seller. As a buyer, paypal offers a decent amount of protection and I can see no reason why a buyer would hesitiate to use paypal. As a seller, I can understand your concerns, especially if you've been screwed in the past.

I think the confusion was with the word "insecure". It may have implied that it was unsafe for a buyer to send money via paypal, as opposed to the issue you described.
07-20-2011, 12:39 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 120 (100%)
thanks for the clarification and the vote of confidence abcdave. I guess since I am more a buyer than a seller I was not aware of the problem...
07-20-2011, 12:47 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
No problem. My apologies for wording my concerns with PayPal so poorly in the original post. It appears that dgaies quote was altered when I edited (clarified) my payment statement in the post. For the record, I said something along the lines of my not accepting PayPal as it has become too insecure. I can see how this could have raised some concerns for buyers and for that I apologize.

07-20-2011, 12:58 PM   #8

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
PM sent for the AF 540
07-20-2011, 01:18 PM   #9
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 48 (100%)
Thank you for that background. All one happy family again. Now for some shopping!!
07-20-2011, 07:02 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 61 (100%)
PM sent regarding flash.

Also, the link about paypal's business habbits is a bit scary, no doubt.
07-20-2011, 07:42 PM   #11
Forum Member

Original Poster
Photos of the AF540fgz are in the following gallery.

Sale is pending.

Last edited by abcdave; 07-20-2011 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Bad link
07-20-2011, 10:25 PM   #12

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
PM sent
07-20-2011, 10:34 PM - 1 Like   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 27 (100%)
To receive paypal Buyer protection, you have to follow their guidelines explicitly. They include shipping to a verified buyer address only, and shipping with track-able shipping that requires signature delivery.

Additionally, the buyer can still dispute and ultimately return the item, although if they have followed the guidelines, paypal will side with you until you receive the returned item, minus shipping costs.

Trust me, when paypal sided only with the seller, it was worse.
07-21-2011, 03:26 AM   #14

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
I sent him PM first (looking at posts in thread, to keep things transparent), he didnt reply. Then much later at night he replied my PM saying someone else beat me to it. If you check the posting order in this thread, you will see what I am talking about. Lack of transperancy seems to be a problem with this marketplace. I have dealt with two other sellers here before and their honesty were above par though.
07-21-2011, 04:04 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 200 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by debmalya Quote
I sent him PM first (looking at posts in thread, to keep things transparent), he didnt reply. Then much later at night he replied my PM saying someone else beat me to it. If you check the posting order in this thread, you will see what I am talking about. Lack of transperancy seems to be a problem with this marketplace. I have dealt with two other sellers here before and their honesty were above par though.
You might want to take a deep breath and be more careful before you make false accusations against the seller. First of all, how would you know if someone PM'd the seller before you did? Many people, including myself, don't typically post a "PM sent" in the ad before sending a PM. The ad was up for almost an hour and a half before you posted/sent a PM, during which I know for a fact someone (me) sent the seller a PM about the flash.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you joined the forum less than two weeks ago and in my opinion are hardly in a position to question the integrity of the marketplace here, let alone the seller in this ad.

Last edited by dgaies; 07-21-2011 at 04:20 AM.