Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2007, 08:21 AM   #1

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
[SOLD] FS: Like New Limited Lens - FA 43mm and FA 77mm

new thread started.

Last edited by Genes Pentax; 04-19-2008 at 08:09 PM.
11-21-2007, 11:09 AM   #2

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
...message removed... still think people should be told

if this post is against the rules please delete it

Last edited by incitatus; 11-21-2007 at 12:20 PM.
11-21-2007, 11:37 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Again with the comments . Please read the marketplace rules about commenting
11-21-2007, 12:13 PM   #4

but surely in a free market the free exchange of information should be encouraged. Otherwise the resulting market allocation will be suboptimal. You're making baby Friedman cry...

anyway I'm deleting the post... ...damn you networks of horizontal reciprocity!!

Last edited by incitatus; 11-21-2007 at 12:19 PM.
11-21-2007, 12:24 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by incitatus Quote
but surely in a free market the free exchange of information should be encouraged. Otherwise the resulting market allocation will be suboptimal. You're making baby Friedman cry...

anyway I'm deleting the post
Thanks for the information, Mr. illiterate ... I mean ... incitatus. :-P

Don't know what you know about a free market, but free market doesn't mean without rules. Believe it or not, free market has rules to make it better.

Bottom line: these lenses I have aren't for you.
11-21-2007, 03:26 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 13 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by rules:
Public commenting on the price of any item is not recommended. Although the site staff will remove listings with suspicious pricing, we ask that members do not publicly intervene unless well-justified
i wont say much regarding the matter, since its obvious whats going on here, but i will say this.

i personally thought that this market place is to help move junk from one enthusiast that no longer needs it to another enthusiast that does.

NOT make a hefty profit...
11-21-2007, 03:53 PM   #7

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
Already clearly described

Please see:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photographer-s-marketplace/137-important-before-posting.html

hth/Scottax1

11-21-2007, 04:19 PM   #8
Veteran Member

i did, and i think the voiced and then silenced concerns are WELL JUSTIFIED (see the bolded text in my quotation from the rules/guidelines)
11-21-2007, 04:28 PM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
i wont say much regarding the matter, since its obvious whats going on here, but i will say this.

i personally thought that this market place is to help move junk from one enthusiast that no longer needs it to another enthusiast that does.

NOT make a hefty profit...

Mr. Communist ... I mean, Gooshin,

First, I, nor do others, appreciate snide remarks that borders on slander, especially from someone who doesn't know how to read.

Second, YOU may have junks, but I do not. As others, including one who bought FA* 300 from me, what I have are more like treasures as they were highly cared for and cherished items. According to one buyer, even a damaged item I sold was in a better condition than I had described.

Third. This is a market place ... not a place where someone dictates whether one should make a profit or not. Besides, is it so upsetting to you that I am trying to minimize loss before moving on to other lenses?

Finally, if you lack the intellect or the intestinal fortitude to tell your thoughts directly to me, please refrain from making a snide remarks in the public. I'm sure your mother ... if you ever knew who she was ... probably told you, at least as much, about that. Besides the rules, it's a simple manner in a civilized and polite society. (Not that I expect such a thing from an illiterate.)

If you read this far (or is able to read this far), I congratulate you.
Gene

Last edited by Genes Pentax; 11-21-2007 at 10:59 PM.
11-21-2007, 10:58 PM   #10

Original Poster
Pictures of FA 43mm posted.

Please e-mail me if you want more photos or larger photos of the lens.

Gene
11-22-2007, 08:24 AM   #11

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Genes Pentax Quote
First, I, nor do others, appreciate snide remarks that borders on slander, especially from someone who doesn't know how to read.
With the above statement, Mr. Gene, you've just given yourself away. Commies stole your rest. I especially liked your sentence on a "civilized and polite society". Congrats!

Last edited by Serge; 11-22-2007 at 08:33 AM.
11-22-2007, 07:43 PM   #12
Veteran Member

what is wrong with communism?

and an even better question would be why are you using it as a form of insult, this clearly shows your expert understaning in political and economic development, and their respective functions.

i can read quite fine, this is what i'm reading.

you are selling a used item for 20 dollars less than what it costs new at B&H, and 10 dollars less than what it costs at Adorama

this is before you factor in the 100 dollar rebate available for both lenses,

your courier charges to australia are slightly better than what B&H would take off, and slightly higher than than B&H for germany and the rest of europe.

for arguments sake lets rule out courier differences.

so at this point you are selling a used lens, for 80 dollars more than what it actualy costs.

granted only US citizens can vouch for the rebate, so best case scenario you get people to save 20 dollars, only to buy from someone they dont know rather than an organization.

last time i checked, the 43 limited is not a rare discontinued lens that is in high demand, you buy it in a store without much trouble, it is not an antique.

Second, YOU may have junks, but I do not.
for someone that assaults others for their reading ability yours is not that advanced, re-read what i said and you will see that it was done as a humorous stint that is a parody of Jerry Seinfields "garbage" bit, where he makes fun of the process of accumulating things.

but that is besides the point, if you were so offended by it, assume the word "junk" reads as "things" or "posessions"

As others, including one who bought FA* 300 from me, what I have are more like treasures as they were highly cared for and cherished items.
now you're just using hyperbole

Third. This is a market place ... not a place where someone dictates whether one should make a profit or not.
how about photographer solidarity here? Or are you one of those people that would charge his own mother for helping move the furniture?

Besides, is it so upsetting to you that I am trying to minimize loss before moving on to other lenses?
except you are not minimizing any loses, you are in fact gaining, unless you yourself purchased the lenses at cost and missed out on the rebate, but that is your problem.

if you bought nortel shares for 100 dollars and still have a few, and tried to sell them for 100 today, people would laugh at you.

well i am laughing at you now

and i'm also making other buyers, aware of the current market situation in case they are not in the loop.

capitalism, which... i gather, is your territory, works on the assumption that through perfect information consumers will demand products and suppliers will provide.

so all i'm doing, is carrying out the information part, i want people to be more informed before making a purchasing descision.

Finally, if you lack the intellect or the intestinal fortitude to tell your thoughts directly to me,
please refrain from making a snide remarks in the public. I'm sure your mother ... if you ever knew who she was ... probably told you, at least as much, about that.
Besides the rules, it's a simple manner in a civilized and polite society. (Not that I expect such a thing from an illiterate.)

If you read this far (or is able to read this far), I congratulate you.
Gene
what a finish!

Last edited by Gooshin; 11-22-2007 at 07:50 PM.
11-22-2007, 10:31 PM   #13
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
If you go to his profile info and look to the right , you'll see this .
""View Gooshin's feedback score and comments""
Click on it and follow directions

Email:
Send a message via email to Gooshin
Private Message:
Send a private message to Gooshin
PentaxForums.com Marketplace:
""View Gooshin's feedback score and comments""
11-26-2007, 05:26 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
I need a 77MM so is there one to be sold here, as mentionned in the title, or not?
Thanks
11-26-2007, 12:33 PM   #15

Ha ha ha ... this is a real entertainment here....

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
what is wrong with communism?
Dude, where have you been for the last 20 years? Have you been hiding in a cave? Even Bin Laden would know what's wrong with it even if he's been hiding in a cave. Dude, what are you tripping on? Whatever it is, it must be something really good.

Sounds like Geneman's got it right about you, Gooshin. You are a commie! Ha ha ha ha... Dude, if it's a fact, it's not an insult ... unless you really hate yourself for what you are. Ha ha ha ha.... But if I were a commie, I'll probably hate myself too.

QuoteQuote:
how about photographer solidarity here? Or are you one of those people that would charge his own mother for helping move the furniture?
Solidarity? You mean a commune, right? Ha ha ha ha.... that's a definition of a commie, dude. You said it yourself.... You want Geneman to leave money on the table for the sake of someone like you? Ha ha ha.... Looks like Geneman's got some good lenses. Too bad you can't afford it.... that's probably why you are a commie. Ha ha ha ... Dude, I wouldn't let go of my limited lenses for anything less than what he's charging. Instead of trying to get a good deal at someone else's expense in the name of your commune, go get another job, dude. You could also try going easy on whatever you're tripping on also.... whatever it is, looks like it's not leaving you much dough for buying lenses.

QuoteQuote:
unless you yourself purchased the lenses at cost and missed out on the rebate, but that is your problem.
Dude, you talk about a solidarity and now this? You must have charged your mother for her own funeral!

Keep cool, dude. You might want to try some Canadian stuff. Maybe that will help you.

Last edited by SoCalDude; 11-26-2007 at 02:31 PM.