Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-25-2007, 06:35 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
[SOLD] FS: Rare Lenses A*85, F*300, K18, + others

Howdy,

I've decided to make some major cuts from my stash of Pentax gear. Lately I've been doing a lot more rangefinder photography so some of the SLR gear has to go (mainly manual focus equipment - keeping my autofocus gear).

I prefer payment by USPS money order (due to the fact that Paypal will only let me take out $500 from my account a month - I have some Christmas shopping to do) so people willing to pay with USPS money order will get first dibs. Paypal offers will be entertained as a last resort. If this stuff doesn't sell in a week or two it's all going on skeez-bay.

Photos of the items can be seen at the following link Flickr: Photos from DAP2000

Shipping will be $15 per item within the US (PM me if you want to combine shipping in the event that you are interested in more than one item).

Here we go:

Pentax A*85/1.4 - Excellent overall condition, perfect glass, a couple of specks of dust inside, mechanically perfect. There are a couple of paint chips on the bottom side of the barrel (A* lenses have a fragile laquer finish - they are more prone to scratches etc. than anodized finishes normally found on Pentax lenses) otherwise the barrel is in great shape. I searched for one of these for years and always balked at the price. Long story short I managed to do a little horse trading and picked one up from a friend a couple of months ago. I find that because of the size of the thing that I rarely throw it in my camera bag. It is too nice of a lens to sit on a shelf so I'm unloading it (I'm assuming I will regret this down the road) - comes with case/caps/and hoya filter SOLD(considering that a fungus filled one just sold on ebay for $800+ this isn't that bad of a price).

Pentax F* 300/4.5 - Near mint condition. I bought this lens as "new-old-stock" several years ago on an impulse - I find that I don't shoot much over 135mm. Mechanically perfect, Cosmetically near mint (only a couple of SMALL paint chips near the tripod mount). There are a couple of ~3mm hair-like strands of debris inside the lens that have been there since I bought it new (they don't affect the images at all) - SOLD (comes with case/tripod mount/caps) - Will consider a trade (partial or full depending on condition) for a Leica M2 camera

Pentax K18/3.5 - Excellent condition (some brassing of the aperture ring and built-in filter changing ring - some scuffs on the rear gelatine filter holder). Glass has no flaws, minor dust inside, mechanically perfect. Arguably one of the best FF super-wideangle lenses that Pentax have ever made and RARE. - SOLD(w/ caps)

Pentax K35/2 - Good condition, a couple of very small (~1mm) cleaning marks in the coating of the front element. Mechanically perfect. SOLD (w/ caps)

Voigtlander SL 90/3.5 PKA mount - this was a total impulse buy on my part. When I bought it new the aperture reading of the auto mount was not registering correctly (sounds like a common complaint) - I sent it back to the factory and they brought it up to the correct specs. I used it 5 times at most since buying it (It is a SHARP lens) - SOLD (w/ box, papers, caps)

Pentax MX - this is a relisting with a new lower price. Black paint, minimal brassing, a couple of dings on the bottom plate. The shutter speed display is not working (doesn't affect metering or functioning of the camera at all. All major functions are working (although I won't make any guarantee that the speeds are dead on after 20+ years of use) - SOLD

Pentax MX motordrive - This is another relisting with a lower price. VERY RARE! I have two of these one is a former pentax demo unit (excellent + condition w/ box and instructions) the other is in good condition. Both are working perfectly. Don't confuse these with the MUCH more common MX winder motors - The winders give you a maximum of 2fps with the MX. The motors that I am offering give you 5fps if you use the battery grip. Demo motor - SOLD, the second motor is SOLD (both sold without battery packs).

Pentax Motor Grip - for use with the MX motor. Takes 12 AA batteries. Excellent condition, working perfectly. SOLD

Pentax Battery Pack M (for MX motor). I bought this as NOS a couple of years ago. I never managed to find a charger for it so never used it. I am assuming that new NiCad cells will have to be soldered in due to the age of the unit. Comes w/ original box and a second thrashed battery pack for parts - SOLD

Any questions - feel free to PM me

Thanks

Last edited by DAP; 01-26-2008 at 12:10 AM.
11-25-2007, 07:25 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 23 (100%)
PM sent on the 85
11-26-2007, 02:27 AM   #3

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
I'll go backup on the 85mm incase Matt changes his mind.

bazz.
11-26-2007, 04:07 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
I will back up on 85 mm as well if the above two change their mind

11-26-2007, 12:38 PM   #5

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Dude ... that F*300 is really tempting.
11-27-2007, 12:31 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 16 (100%)
PM sent re SL90
11-29-2007, 02:41 PM   #7
DAP

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
Original Poster
I just dropped the prices of some of the remaining gear. And wanted to make note that if you have a leica M2 camera in good working condition I will consider Partial/Full trades on my gear.

Thanks

Last edited by DAP; 11-29-2007 at 02:46 PM. Reason: additional info
11-29-2007, 06:22 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
My wife has told me that I can't buy the F*300. Cursed woman. I can't tell you how much it pains me that you put it up just prior to Christmas. Don't you know we have that Wii to pay for...

11-29-2007, 06:41 PM   #9
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Feedback Score: 117 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by ericc Quote
My wife has told me that I can't buy the F*300. Cursed woman. I can't tell you how much it pains me that you put it up just prior to Christmas. Don't you know we have that Wii to pay for...

EXACTLY!!!!