Item for Sale
Tokina AF 80-400 f4.5-5.6 SD AT-X 840 AF II APO Sale pending to bjolester

Asking Price
525.00 shipped to USA - 535.00 shipped to Canada

Item Location
Pennsylvania (United States)

Item Description
Tokina AF 80-400 f4.5-5.6 SD AT-X 840 AF II APO

Up for sale is this beautiful Tokina zoom lens. Over the past few months, I've been trying just about every consumer grade super zoom lens I can find that is 400mm or more. As I just can't keep them all, this one has to go. There is nothing at all wrong with it - I have the choice of keeping either this one or my Sigma 170-500 APO. I've chosen to keep the Sigma only for it's extra 100mm of reach.

I bought this lens recently from a forum member who described it as "like new". Well I can tell you - it is exactly like new. I would even bet that it has only been out of the box a few times and if it was used, it was hardly used at all. There are no marks at all on the body of the lens, as well as the front and rear elements. I can't even find any dust under the front element. The glass is clear.

The lens come complete with original front and rear caps, lens hood, padded pouch, and box. There is no paperwork.

This lens is all metal construction - built like a tank. It is a bit heavy because of this, but feels well balanced on my K20D due to its compact size. This version does have the tripod collar which is easily adjustable, and also a zoom lock. It does suffer from a bit of zoom creep which these lenses are know for, but not nearly as bad as my Sigma, which I call "zoom slam" more than zoom creep. When pointed straight down, the lens slowly zooms out - not bad at all.

I am very impressed by its compactness. It is much easier to hand hold than my Sigma making it more usable for off-tripod use.

As with most of these consumer grade zooms, I find that it is acceptably sharp wide open @400mm. Pulled back just a bit to 350mm and F8 or f11 it really shines. Still does a great job wide open @400mm.

Here is a link to the reviews of this lens here at the forum:

Tokina AT-X 80-400mm F1: 4.5-5.6 Lens Reviews - Zoom Lenses - Pentax Third-Party Lens Review Database

Shipping is included in the price via USPS Priority Mail. I will ship the lens the following business day after payment is made.

I have a bunch of photos of the lens and some taken with the lens. I am supplying a link here so as not to clutter up the thread too much:

ACDSee Online : 24 albums - Tokina 80-400

If you have any questions, please ask! I am usually able to respond quickly, but sometimes during the week my response might be delayed a bit as I work 24hrs on - 24hrs off.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Charge
Included with price

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
I want you to be happy with your purchase. I've done my best to accurately describe the lens with lots of photos. I will accept a return if my description is not as delivered, or the lens is DOA. Buyer to pay return shipping. Any refund will be for the cost of the lens only. Buyer has 3 days from receipt to contact me with any problems.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

---------- Post added 08-07-11 at 07:15 PM ----------

Sale pending to bjolester

Last edited by stormtech; 08-07-2011 at 04:18 PM.