Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-09-2011, 02:22 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 33 (100%)
[SOLD] Sigma 17-50mm 2.8 EX DC OS (HSM) - Free Shipping!

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Sigma 17-50mm 2.8 EX DC OS (HSM) - Free Shipping!

Asking Price
$540

Item Location
Lancaster, PA (United States)

Item Description
For sale is a Like-New Sigma 17-50mm 2.8 EX DC OS lens. This has the silent HSM focusing system.

"Like New" pretty much says it all - Clean and scratch free glass and the body is free of blemishes and scratches. The lens comes with all caps and original hood. The lens also comes with a zippered carrying case in perfect original condition. I've had the lens for about three months.

The lens will come in its original box with all original papers.

About six weeks ago I sent the lens to Sigma for calibration because I thought the focus was off. Long-story-short, it turns out *I* was the problem, not the lens. I'm selling because it looks like I need to invest in some lighter equipment; this lens has the same weight specs as the Pentax DA* 16-50mm.

As stated above, shipping is FREE for continental US buyers, which is where I'd prefer to sell. I will take care of any PayPall fees, so the final price is $540.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge
FREE!

Shipping Services
FedEx/UPS/USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Returns must be made within 7 days of receipt with fully insured shipping paid by buyer.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

08-09-2011, 07:35 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
what was your problem? just curious. I have the same lens.
08-09-2011, 09:06 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 14 (100%)
You got PM
08-09-2011, 10:22 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by r_duff Quote
what was your problem? just curious. I have the same lens.
Apparently some issues I've been having with nerves in my left-hand wrist are causing some involuntary twitching in my fingers. It's generally not a problem, but putting weight on that wrist seems to be the culprit. As silly as it sounds, when I was taking some test shots I didn't realize I was moving the zoom wring slightly which in its own miniscule way also affected the focus. Only after I sent the lens for checking did it become apparent that the nerve issue was worse and I suspected it could have been affecting my images. Upon receiving the lens back I did some testing with the camera mounted on a tripod (and therefore I wasn't in direct contact with the lens or body) and everything checks out just fine with the lens. It's very unusual that I don't use a tripod with my other lenses, and the 17-50mm is meant to be a walk-around lens, so it never occurred to me to use the camera on the tripod.

In any case, not that long ago I said I'd be trying to use more primes which of course, by definition, don't have a zoom ring, and are typically lighter than this zoom lens. So I guess if I stick to that philosophy I won't have as much to worry about with regards to the nerve issue. I just hope I don't have to switch from my K-5, which can be noticeably heavy when used with the battery grip!

08-10-2011, 12:17 PM   #5
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
I'd jump all over it if I didn't have one already. Great lens! Just remember to turn off OS if SR is on.
08-10-2011, 10:26 PM   #6

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
Please let me know if the guys above are not taking it, would love to get it from you

Thanks !
08-11-2011, 08:57 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
All PMs replied. Sale pending.

Thanks for looking, everybody. It seems this is a very fine lens, and if I can't use it successfully because of my wrist then I'll be happy it will be getting some good use by someone else!