PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax *Ist D DSLR

Asking Price
$125

Item Location
North Carolina (United States)

Item Description
I'm selling the first Pentax DSLR model, the original *Ist D.

Price is $125 + $10 shipping.
Add $25 for the flash.

It is in excellent condition overall, and has less than 2200 clicks. There are some very minor scratches to the top LCD, and probably a few very minor marks on the body that are difficult to identify. Other than that there is nothing to note.

This camera won't compete with the modern DSLRs in terms of processing speed or high ISO, but it's still got a large APS-C sensor that will produce good images when exposed properly. I won't discuss all of the merits and disadvantages of this against other Pentax cameras, but here are a few details...
- Very compact (similar to K-x/K-r size I think)
- Dual control wheels like other pro Pentax DSLRs.
- Works with regular (non-PTTL) TTL flashes (can properly use a flash with K and M lenses)
- Runs on 4AAs (or 2 lithium photo batteries--forgot the exact type)
- Uses Compact Flash cards.
- No shake reduction.
- Small rear LCD screen.
- Long card writes.

I'll include the PC connection cord for it (shown), and the original soft case for the camera (O-CC34, shown below). I'll include some camera strap for it (not the original one, but I've got some extras from older cameras laying around).

For an extra $25, I can include a Quantary QDC800 flash that will work with the *Ist D. It has a Pentax module with TTL, Auto (3 levels), and Manual (two levels). The flash head can be push/pulled out for wide/normal/telephoto flash coverage. The photos of the case and my K200D setup was taken with the *IstD with a SMC Pentax-M 50/1.7 lens using the Quantary flash in TTL mode (yes, TTL flash exposure with an M lens!). The case was bounced off a celing (could probably use a little compensation) and the K200D setup was direct.

Let me know if there are any questions!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
$10

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Return Policy & Additional Details
Returns accepted only if the description of the item was inaccurate.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

---------- Post added 08-21-2011 at 08:19 PM ----------

Sold! That was quick.