Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-24-2011, 04:09 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
[ACQUIRED] SMC/Super-Takumar 50 f/1.4

I've tried to get this lens for months off eBay/goodwill, but they always seemed to sell for US$90-$130, quite out of my price range. The average price for this lens seemed to be around $50 from the recent reviews in the lens database. No luck with the dozens of pawn shops or garage sales I've been to, either; this lens does not seem to exist in my area!

Does anyone happen to have a Takumar 50 1.4 they'd be willing to sell for around $50 dollars or less?

Any condition would be fine but at least be usable, e.g. no fungus, no severe damage to elements, aperture working, focus ring not jammed, etc.

It's probably asking a bit much, but I'm just putting this out here after having been frustrated for a while. Thanks for your consideration.

08-24-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 42 (100%)
I will be posting one for sale by tomorrow, the cheapest I can go on the one I will be posting is $80-, it is cherry, super clean near mint with case and original front and rear caps. I will be posting it with a bigger package deal with a few other Super Tak's (28, 50, 105)...

PM me if you are interested...

--
08-25-2011, 05:33 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
The average price for this lens seemed to be around $50 from the recent reviews in the lens database.
The database is not a good source for lens pricing. Some lenses were bought new, some used. Some via ebay, some from pawn shops. Some this year, some 3 years ago. The price is very dependent upon source and current market values.

You need to search the Sold forum, completed Ebay sales, and B&H / Adorama to find the current market value.

Tim

Last edited by atupdate; 08-26-2011 at 05:58 AM.