PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
SMC Pentax 1:2.5/135

Asking Price
$200 US

Item Location
Aurora, CO (United States)

Item Description

This is one of my favorite lenses. It's in very good cosmetic shape. I can't see any specific thing to mention except for a ding at the upper edge of the focus ring. I called it "good" but would rate it just below "excellent". The photos should cover all the angles. Focus is smooth through the range. The aperture is snappy, oil-free and the ring clicks at all the stops. Glass has no scratches, fungus or haze. It performs exactly like the lens in the Photozone test. The caps are the ones I got with it. I got the plastic hood later. The hood reverses but the cap doesn't go on the reversed hood, and the hood doesn't go on the cap. I don't know if any cap would work like this; it would be nice.

I've had the lens for 4 years and it has always performed well. I did my 135mm test with it. In use, I only have a few complaints: it's heavy, even heavier than the Takumar it's based on. It's big too. There's some lateral CA typical of K lenses. The minimum focus distance limits where you can use it. But that's the short list of negatives. The positives: The lens looks really cool on the camera. I think it looks even better with the hood from the Takumar version. For me, focus is very easy and works well even with the stock K-7 screen. It's perfectly usable wide open. Sharpness is not a problem with this lens.

Lots of other photos here: https://picasaweb.google.com/Just1MoreDave/PentaxK135mmF25?authuser=0&feat=directlink One of the photos shows it on my K-7, which is not included in this sale.

My test including this lens is here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/68032-135mm-le...imes-zoom.html

Photozone test: Pentax SMC-K 135mm f/2.5 - Review / Lab Test Report

I like 135mm. I've had the Takumar f3.5 preset, the Auto-Takumar f3.5, Super-Takumar f2.5 and f3.5, the Super-Multi-Coated Takumar f2.5 (both versions), the K f3.5, the M f3.5, the Takumar Bayonet f2.5 and about five 135s of other brands. This lens is easily the best I've had, except for its Takumar equal.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
$10 in US

Shipping Services
USPS Priority

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
I'll cover Paypal fees. Weight is about 1 pound 12 oz. packed. Canada is $25, about $35 everywhere else, price on request

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

09-08-2011, 02:32 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
Great lens. There is a Pentax clip-on cap that will fit on the reversed hood, it doesn't have the skirt around the edge. (It's not the later one for autofocus lenses, although that one would work as well.) But the plastic hood is fragile enough that storing it reversed on the lens isn't really a great idea.
09-08-2011, 05:04 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
PM sent...!
09-10-2011, 11:12 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 41 (100%)
Original Poster
PMs answered, no deal yet, so the lens is still available. Or, stay tuned for more 135mm lenses!

09-10-2011, 06:03 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Nice lens fair price

If I didn't have that lens already, I'd snatched that one up instantly at that price. Very fair price for an outstanding lens.
09-10-2011, 08:13 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 16 (100%)
PM sent - very interested