Oakland, CA (United States)

Item Description
Pentax k-5 in excellent condition.
Shutter count 150. Yup..
Comes with box, manual, CD, cables, strap, cap, battery, charger
No stains, no scratches or dings.
Everything functions 100%

Will toss in the lens for $30 but will not sell separately

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
3-Day, buyer pays shipping

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

Last edited by pascal; 09-17-2011 at 08:24 AM.
09-17-2011, 08:24 AM   #2
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 10 (100%)
Original Poster
Price Reduced....
09-19-2011, 02:25 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Why are you selling?
09-19-2011, 03:36 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 37 (100%)
OoOoo.. soo tempting. I'm local too! Hmm...

Willing to trade for K-7 with 18-55mm WR and 50-200mm WR?

09-19-2011, 09:00 PM   #5
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
PM sent.........
09-19-2011, 09:46 PM   #6
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 10 (100%)
Original Poster
Want something more compact to chase the kids around.

---------- Post added 09-19-11 at 09:47 PM ----------

sorry no trades
09-20-2011, 10:15 AM   #7

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
Payment sent, will look forward to the tracking info tomorrow!

09-20-2011, 02:48 PM   #8
Forum Member

Hey Pascal, Glad you have a seller for your K5 but just call me old fashion when I want to point out to you and others for your lack of courtesy for not responding to a PM I left you and the post I made here that I left you a PM and not respond at all, well lesson learned, not everyone has manners even fellow Pentaxians . A simple "Thank You for your interest on my K5 but I have a buyer and I am not interested in your full price offer on my camera" would have done and not wasted any more of my time waiting for a response from you.

Note to others: Although I seldom post here but I have bought several items here and everyone to date I have PMed here have been reasonably prompt and polite and with excellent communication during the entire process of the sale.Pascal obviously neglected to respond me at all and from the "payment sent" post and another post by him here after I PMed him, well ya get the picture.Also noticed all he does is sell here,not saying that is bad,but I am one that will respond to all PM's especially to buyers and sellers here.

So after the theft of my backup camera and lens last week I decided to replace and upgrade to the wonderful K5. I was prepared to purchase new but thought I could save a few bucks and help another member here and give them the 1000 bucks, so it looks as B+H will get my money instead and I will go forward with a seller that will respond to me and appreciate my bizz.

Of course I have nothing but high praises for the other sellers,members I have dealt with here, it was a pleasure to do bizz with you, and the others members here with some courtesy,honesty and integrity.....kinda glad he did not respond to my PM now as the I started getting bad vibes about getting this camera from him..................next time guys!
09-20-2011, 03:31 PM   #9

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
I sent a pm a few days ago and another one yesterday, no response.
I guess some people are busier than others...
More k5 will come so let's stay calm
09-20-2011, 06:48 PM   #10
Forum Member

Hey Joojoo, I am calm but wanted to point out to others that this seller would not respond to my posts and PM's but did to at least one while disregarding mine and maybe others. When I posted "PM sent" no one else had.If he had a buyer in the make then I thought the proper thing to do would inform me by responding to my PM or post, he surely should have seen it, my post or PM.He asked for the PM and I responded.Yeah he could have been busy but not too busy to post his item and post since I posted so no excuse in my book! Besides excuses only satisfy the ones that make them!
09-20-2011, 08:33 PM   #11

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
Hi Motorman,
In defense of Pascal, I had been PMing him back and forth for days about the receipt, warranty not being transferable even with receipt and finally about paypal gift vs regular payment (2.9% fee) and I swung back and forth about buying it, not buying it. My correspondence with Pascal was with almost as much delay as it was between you and Pascal, part of that correspondence was one response from him that didn't come until after almost 24 hours and I was thinking the same that he probably sold it already and he didn't have the courtesy to reply me back. The next morning I had a reply from him. That suggests that he probably doesn't check his emails every 20 minutes like I do. I suspect he spends more time with humans. I have been as impatient as you but I keep bumping into more people who have other things to do in life than to check their emails 20 times a day. Disappoints me again and again, and as a result I am less impatient the next time it happens to me. (Edit: My first PM to Pascal was sent some 4-5 days before your PM and bump, I didn't bump the thread which I should have done as a courtesy. It hasn't been too long since you sent him your PM, the response to one of my PMs took 24+ hours!)

Lord, give me patience!!
And I want it right now!!
Take a deep breath and relax. I hope you will find a good deal as well. 42nd street photo has it for $1099 free shipping whereas (I think) the lowest price for the new K5 had been hovering around $1200 for some time now, maybe you'll find an even better deal!

Edit: Maybe he didn't respond to you because he thought if he puts the already-pending deal with me on hold, he might lose me and meanwhile you might change your mind later like I flip-flopped.

Last edited by waqas; 09-20-2011 at 08:45 PM. Reason: 24 hours, not 72 hours
09-20-2011, 11:37 PM   #12
Forum Member

Hi Waqas!

First I want to say I wish you well on your purchase and I hope it goes well, truely I do! I too had questions on the warrenty and he may have had a problem explaining the issues involved to me but by your own description of your experience as you wrote above supports my statements I have made. You post a camera for a 1000 bucks and you invite bids and offers,mine was full price, and then you fail to respond in a timely manner with evidence of your presense by posting in said thread and obviously totally ignoring some ones offer. Just wanted to point out that to the others for future reference when he may post another item for sale. I view Pascal a slacker at best and should be noted to any potential sales in the future. The feed back feature for him gave no indication of him being a slacker so I wanted to share my experience with Pascal concerning his sale. Besides I would have not bought his camera anyway without a U.S Pentax factory warrenty, just too risky for me.
Let me also say that I consider myself a patient man,getting close to 60 and have owned and operated my own bizz for over 30 years,and it is service related and I have to respond to my customers and do what I say I will do or I don't eat and my employees don't get paid.
Please note that I have been a6 year military veteran, married for almost 33 years,raised a couple of children,have a couple of grandkids, don't owe a soul a dime! Patient I am or I would have not made it this far in life. So believe me when I tell you I know when to take a deep breath and this is not one of them! So really no big deal,
I will order from B+H tomorrow and request and pay for 2nd day as I have an event to shoot soon and atleast I will have a a new camera with warrenty from a reputable seller and some peace of mind in doing so.
How Pascal handled this sale,IMHO, should be reflected as less than 100% in his feed back in the Pentax Marketplace but knowing that that might not be so I wanted the others to know what happened here and maybe someone should think twice before making Pascal an offer on his next sale and by shaming him for being a slacker on this, well, maybe he may do better next time, we can only hope....