Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2011, 10:33 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 95 (100%)
[SOLD] Rare Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2; Pentax FA 28mm f/2.8

SMC Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2 lens - $519 plus shipping SOLD
SMC Pentax-FA 28mm f/2.8 lens - $189 plus shipping SOLD

I will charge $20 for shipping with insurance in the US, via USPS; if I can get them out cheaper I will refund back the difference. Shipping elsewhere available, depending upon country, please ask.

SMC Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2 lens
I probably don't have to tell you much about this lens, the fastest lens made by Pentax. Bokeh is special, low light performance can't be beat, and sharpness is quite good especially stopped down a little. It is a big 50mm, with a lot of glass - you can see how f/1.2 barely fits in a K mount. My copy is in very good condition, with some minor signs of wear externally. The glass is quite good, although there are a few minor imperfections in the coating on the rear element, and of course a few dust particles within. These do not affect picture quality in any way that I can see. Aperture blades are slightly asymmetric at certain f-stops, like f/2 - I believe this is normal but I am not certain. Again, picture quality does not seem to be affected. Focus is smooth, aperture blades are clean and snappy, and there is no haze or fungus. Included are Pentax front and rear caps (the former from the K series, quite handsome if I do say so myself) and a Sigma protective lens case that fits it quite nicely. Plus a cheap UV filter for protection. I have tried to get myself to sell it many times over the last few years, but now must face the facts that I don't use it enough, and do not need to keep it on my shelf for bragging rights. So it could be yours!

SMC Pentax-FA 28mm f/2.8 lens
This is a great little lens, a small handy normal lens on APS-C with fast AF and lovely colors. Plus usable on a full frame body, film for instance. My copy is in less than pristine shape cosmetically, hence the low price; however optically and functionally it has no issues. Most obviously, the rubber ring for manual focus is missing. I still find it quite easy to focus manually, but I suppose the ring would make it even better. Plus there are a number of external blemishes, although the overall impression is not bad. I am surprised Pentax hasn't reissued this lens as a DA, maybe Ricoh has plans to do so, but I doubt you'll be able to get one at this price even if that happens. So, maybe you want this one! Caps included here too, assume off-brand but may be Pentax if I can scare them up.

Please ask any questions you wish. I will entertain reasonable offers, but offers at asking price will get the lens(es). If you find a lens significantly other than as described, I will be happy to refund your purchase price, and shipping one way too. PayPal is preferred, I'll pay the fees.

Thanks for looking! Nick

Last edited by Nick Siebers; 10-13-2011 at 06:29 PM.
09-13-2011, 11:39 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Nick, I will take the FA28.
YGPM.

---------- Post added 09-14-2011 at 06:35 PM ----------

Nick, payment sent + YGPM.
09-14-2011, 06:16 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
FA 28mm is sold! Thanks Bhairav!
09-14-2011, 10:35 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 24 (100%)
PM sent

09-14-2011, 11:42 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
And now the A 50 1.2 is sold as well. Thanks Yuriy!