PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Takumar (Bayonet) 135mm F/2.5

Asking Price
$60 Shipped

Item Location
Waldorf, MD (United States)

Item Description
Ramping up to buy another large format camera, I've decided to seriously clean out my photographic gear, which unfortunately means making some hard decisions. One of those decisions is that I'm selling my Takumar Bayonet 135mm F/2.5.

I don't really want to get rid of this lens, but it's the old problem of a lens that stays in the camera case and never gets used. I suspect it has a lot to do with the lack of an A on the aperture ring, as I tend to use my digital Pentax cameras a lot.

The Takumar Bayonet 135mm has an unfortunate reputation, and while I find that it's true that it does flare quite badly in bright light, as long as you use a lens hood, this lens produces beautiful, sharp images with excellent Bokeh. In the realm of truly fast 135mm lenses, the Takumar Bayonet's fast f/2.5 aperture is equalled only by a few very rare, very expensive F/2s and f/1.8s, both of which cost orders of magnitude and then some more than this.

My Takumar Bayonet has excellent glass, and the entire rig was completely CLAd by Eric less than 2 years ago. She isn't pristine, but she is optically and mechanically perfect!

I will ship to USA destinations for free, International destinations for actual shipping cost over $15.

Buyer will recieve a rear cap, front cap, cap leash, and rubber lens hood along with the lens.

Pictures will follow this evening.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Free to USA, first $15 paid internationally.

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail, Parcel Post, Priority mail International, First Class Mail International

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
You will have 7 days to inspect the lens. If, in those seven days, you find it to be misrepresented, I will refund your original purchase price. Buyer pays return shipping.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by unixrevolution; 09-26-2011 at 12:34 PM.
09-26-2011, 12:34 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 34 (100%)
Original Poster
Price drop, 70 > 60.
09-26-2011, 01:05 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 48 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
as long as you use a lens hood,
I'll mention that normally that lens even comes with a built-in lens hood, so no need for any extra accessories.
09-26-2011, 08:55 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 34 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
I'll mention that normally that lens even comes with a built-in lens hood, so no need for any extra accessories.
The built-in hood is present, but the included rubber hood is better.

09-28-2011, 03:45 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 32 (100%)
Bump for mid-week. I'm interested, but quite low on funds till friday (New K5 took some wind out of my sails....). I am bookmarking this thread.