PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Ricoh XR-7 with Winder

Asking Price
SOLD$50 Shipped

Item Location
Waldorf, MD (United States)

Item Description
With another Large Format camera on the way, some of my older Pentax and other gear has to go. One of the items I've decided to part with is my Ricoh XR-7, mostly because it has basically no sentimental value to me.

I bought this black Ricoh XR-7 in a camera shop attatched to a telephoto zoom lens. This XR-7 is in excellent shape, both cosmetically and mechanically. The included winder is sometimes a little flaky but works most of the time without trouble. It's an integral winder, like those for the Pentax LX, using the camera's own shutter button.

The XR-7 seems to have been aimed at the upper part of the SLR market, judging by its copious features. The shutter dial is easily moved with one finger with the camera still up to your eye, and includes all manual speeds from 16s (!) to 1/1000, with Bulb, Automatic, and Lock. The automatic mode is aperture-priority and works well. The camera's shutter release is smooth and it's fairly quiet for an old manual-focus K-mount camera.

The XR-7 is finished in stealthy black, and has a diagonal split-ring in the focusing screen. Why Pentax never adopted the diagonal ring, I'll never know. The Ricoh also has a true Multi-exposure feature, which is nice.

I haven't shot it much, which is why I'm selling it, but those times that I did shoot it I enjoyed it. This is a nice, fairly light, feature-rich SLR for very little money!

I will ship USPS to any destination in the US for free, or anywhere internationally with the first $15 of the shipping fee paid by me.

Pictures will follow this evening.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Free to USA, first $15 paid internationally.

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail, Parcel Post, Priority mail International, First Class Mail International

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Buyer has 7 days to inspect item upon their receipt of it. If, in those 7 days, they feel I have misrepresented the item, I will grant a full refund, buyer pays return shipping.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by unixrevolution; 09-15-2011 at 06:32 PM.
09-15-2011, 11:59 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 17 (100%)
This is a great film camera

This was my first SLR, back around 1979 or so. I had two of them, plus the XR-S with solar panel to keep the batteries up. This is a wonderful piece of equipment for film shooters. I kept one copy for myself, just to experience the quality of handling it even though I no longer shoot film.
09-15-2011, 06:19 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 75 (100%)
PM sent.

Chris