10-27-2011, 03:07 PM   #16

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
gotta pm

10-27-2011, 05:34 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GibbyTheMole Quote
She sent the check the day after the sale was agreed upon. (Last Friday, October 7th.) Mail doesn't go Sunday, and there was no mail on Monday, either. (Columbus Day.) Looking at the calendar, the check had a little over 3 days in the mail system to get from Iowa to California (Sat, Tues, Wed, and part of Thurs.) before you started trying to sell the camera again.

Your first PM asking about it was on Tuesday the 11th. The check was in the mail 1 and a half days (Sat. & part of Tues.) before that PM was sent. Give it a little time to get to you.

You may also remember I initially offered to pay you via PayPal. No one is trying to screw you out of anything.

She's excited about getting it. She has even ordered a 28-210 lens for it from KEH.

I sent her phone number to you if you want to contact her directly. Check your PMs.
I'm not worried about getting screwed, nor was I expecting the check to arrive in 3 days. I did expect notification that the check was actually sent, as is the custom. A busy work schedule can still allow 15 seconds for that.

The first check never arrived. Hopefully the second one will arrive tomorrow or Saturday.

So, sale is still pending.
10-27-2011, 05:40 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Yep, it's going cheap. However, it is a few generations old, and though it is a capable camera, some newer models are also reasonably priced. As I have a K-5 and K20D as backup, this just sits on the shelf, not getting any younger.

I think it's going to get some use.
I have the exact same situation. I passed the K100D to a deserving teenager on a sort of "permanent loan" basis. The good karma has to be worth more than whatever piddling bit of money I could have gotten for it over here.
10-27-2011, 06:16 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
I have the exact same situation. I passed the K100D to a deserving teenager on a sort of "permanent loan" basis. The good karma has to be worth more than whatever piddling bit of money I could have gotten for it over here.
I tried to interest my friend into photography-with-a-camera, but he said he did alright with his cellphone (it has a zoom ap :-). He did not want to "lug" the K100D, 12-24 and 28-75 at a car show...:-)

10-27-2011, 10:12 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
I recently went to a vintage motorcycle show and didn't want to lug the K-5; I took a Konica C35 instead.