PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
SMC Pentax-A 28-135mm f4 Zoom, constant aperture

Asking Price
$50 US

Item Location
Aurora CO (United States)

Item Description

I keep buying lenses in this range for family photos. This lens is not bad for that purpose but still not quite what I need. Reviews are uneven but I thought image quality was fairly good, without pixel-peeping. It has Pentax-A colors, which I preferred over the Vivitar 28-105 Series 1 and Pentax-F 35-135. Handling is good but the lens is quite heavy, and I typically would have a flash mounted with it for a good workout. It's big enough to make a Canon shooter take notice.

The front element has a 2mm scratch not far from the center and a much smaller chip 3mm from the edge. The chip is not going to be in the frame even on film. Photos enhancing each flaw are in te album, with a dramatic red arrow pointing them out. The lens has some wear on sharp edges and corners. The focus grip looks dusty in the photos but it all came off with a toothbrush. The front element is flat like a few late A, F and FA lenses.

Focus is smooth through the range. The zoom and macro ring work well also. You can see a photo of the lens fully extended on Dimitrov's page here. The aperture blades are oil-free and the aperture is snappy. The ring works properly and communicates with the camera in A position. Glass is fungus free and clear. There's very little dust, good because you don't want to clean a 17-element zoom.

My price is lower than an expensive 77mm filter, and there's a lot more to this lens. Generic caps are included for both ends, as well as a substantial amount of shipping material. More photos are in this album.

I take care of Paypal fees. I can usually ship the next possible shipping day or sooner.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
$11 US

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
I say US only because the shipping weight is really high, even via the least expensive method. I just don't think it's worth it.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

09-18-2011, 08:14 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
i live in VietNam
How about paying and shippng
Thks
09-19-2011, 12:05 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Ha ha ha..."Big enough to make a Canon shooter take notice".....ain't that the truth....quite a heavy bit of glass, but IMHO, a ripper zoom, when I owned mine, it was almost permanently attached to the front of my LX.
Cheers, Pickles.