PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
MZ-5N Auto Focus Film Body with Up-Graded Mirror Motor

Asking Price
$90

Item Location
Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Item Description
MZ-5N is a modern classic auto focus film body with retro-dials. It has pentaprism viewfinder. This body has an up-graded mirror motor, therefore the mirror will not get stuck. Clean cosmetics, only a tiny nick on the pop-up flash cover but you'll look hard to find it, include one roll of color film and brand new Duracell batteries. If you don't use flash, the batteries will be good for 100 rolls of film.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Charge
actual cost by Canada Post

Shipping Services
Canada Post

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Return Policy & Additional Details
I will accept return if it is not as described.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by violini; 10-12-2011 at 12:08 PM.
09-22-2011, 06:13 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Original Poster
This camera is very easy to operate. I’ve never had the user manual. Let’s start from the front of the camera (please look at the top photo). On the shutter button side of the lens mount (from top), DOF review button, AF switch for selecting between the center circle or bracket area in the viewfinder, and lens release button. On the other side of the lens mount, shutter release cable plug, the center button is for turning on/off of beeper and when the flash is up, you can select flash modes (manual, auto, redeye), the bottom is AF/MF switch. The camera uses the same cable release as SF and PZ series of cameras. If you search under the key word “Pentax SF” on ebay, you’ll find this cable. I put up a wanted ad here and a member was so kind to give me one for free.

On the shutter side of the top panel, there is a shutter time dial, press the center button to turn the dial. The dial below is for selecting metering mode, you don’t need to press the center button. On the other side is EV compensation dial, you can also set ISO of non-DX film by lining up the arrow (up or down) with the – mark and press ML button to change. The bottom dial is for selection of single shot, multiple shot, timer, and bracket +- ½ or +-1 stop. On the back are pano switch and memory lock button. If you want to re-wind film in the middle, press the switch inside the little hole right below the back door latch.That’s all there is to it. Below is a sample photo taken with this camera and F35-70mm lens.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachments/pentax-film-slr-discussion/97...ots-winnie.jpg

Last edited by violini; 09-22-2011 at 06:27 PM.
09-22-2011, 07:48 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 79 (100%)
PM sent.