PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax MX - Black

Asking Price
$100 plus shipping

Item Location
Waldorf, MD (United States)

Item Description
To fund my continued dive into Large Format, I'm selling some of my less-used Pentax gear.

This Black Pentax MX is one of the items that I dearly love, but have made the decision to let go. I don't use it nearly enough to justify having it.

The Pentax MX was Pentax's first real Pro SLR, and this little mechanical beauty has a long list of impressive features, including interchangeable screens (This one has a split-ring screen), all-mechanical shutter, match-LED light meter with lights for Over/Under by 1 or 2 stops, all exposure info visible in the finder, aperture preview, and self-timer. The manual also boasts it can do multiple exposures using the rewind button creatively, and you can also fake it into doing a mirror lock-up function. The MX is also incredibly small, and will work even without batteries!

My black MX has no optical problems; the screen and prism are clean and clear, as is the eyepiece.

Mechanically, the camera is 100%, except that the slow-speed cams are a little too slow. They never stick, but 1s is noticeably longer than it should be, though not by too much.

Cosmetically, though, it's a winner. Most black-paint cameras have had their finishes worn off on the high spots. There is a tiny bit of that here, around the prism, on the baseplate, and around the shutter lock...but for the most part, it's a perfect black paint finish top to bottom. That excellent finish condition is not easy to find.

Pictures below should show just how wonderful the paint on this camera is. Please email with questions and offers.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
New

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Free to USA, first $15 paid internationally.

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail, Parcel Post, Priority mail International, First Class Mail International

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Return Policy & Additional Details
You will have 7 days to inspect the item once it arrives. If, in those 7 days, you find I've misrepresented the item, contact me for a refund.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by unixrevolution; 10-04-2011 at 09:25 AM.
10-04-2011, 09:25 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 34 (100%)
Original Poster
Price reduced! $100 plus shipping takes it!

---------- Post added 10-04-11 at 04:51 PM ----------

Sold!