PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
COLLECTOR QUALITY Pentax 6x7 MLU TTL kit

Asking Price
see description

Item Location
Kearney, Nebraska (United States)

Item Description
Looking for your ticket to the 6x7 Club? Ready to join the Pentax 6x7 Flickr Group? You soon will be if you are quick enough to snatch this unbelievable kit...

6x7 kits are available all the time, but not like this one. This one is like new and in some ways better. In addition to having no visible signs of use, it comes with a receipt from Pentax USA showing that the previous owner sent it in for callibration, cleaning, lubrication... in short, a complete tune-up in August 2004. Copy of Pentax USA repair order/packing slip here.

This is a Mirror Lock-up Asahi Pentax 6x7 in flawless condition (See photos below) with the TTL Pentaprism. Instead of the usual 90mm f2.8, this comes with the faster 105mm f2.4 (also in like new condition). It comes with the original front and rear caps, a 77mm UV filter, and the original case that holds the body + lens. The 105mm, and the TTL pentaprism sport shiny new looking PASSED stickers. Also includes the original Asahi Pentax shutter cocking key (which is often missing with kits you buy elsewhere).

BONUS: The body and 105mm will also include a WIDEPAN kit. This high quality metal kit allows you to put 35mm film in your 6x7 and get 24x66mm panorama negatives (in addition to a wider availability of films). If you put a 45mm lens on your Pentax 6x7, with this WIDEPAN kit you will have the equiv. of a 45mm Hasselblad XPAN or FUJI T-1, for a fraction of the price! Widepan kit shown here.

6x7 body with Mirror Lock-up and TTL Pentaprism, 105mm f2.4 lens, Case & WIDEPAN kit.............. $799 plus shipping (similar to ordinary 90mm kits with no case or WIDEPAN on that infernal auction site... and they haven't been CLA'd like this one has)

In addition, from the same owner, comes the:

MINT SMC Takumar 6x7 55mm f/4 with original front and rear caps and original Pentax case. It also sports a shiny new looking PASSED sticker and is in flawless optical, mechanical, and cosmetic condition... $389 plus shipping
Images in my photostream starting here.

MINT Super-Multi-Coated 135mm MACRO 6x7 f/4 (with original caps and velvet-lined case) includes Pentax Automatic Extension tube set sold elsewhere for $89 by itself ! ...$189 plus shipping
Images in my photostream starting here.

1976 Prices for this kit...

Body.................................$599.50
TTL Prism....................... 349.50
105mm f2.5.................... 389.50
135mm Macro............... 399.50
55mm............................. 574.50
Auto Ext. Tube set......... 91.50

$2,404.00 in 1976 had the same buying power as $9,493.81 in 2011.

Take the entire kit for $1199 plus shipping. I will be happy to ship this worldwide. PM me for a quote to your country (serious only, please).

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
see description

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
7 day return policy. (You won't need it.) Selling price (but not shipping) refunded if not 100% satisfied. Buyer pays return shipping.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by cheekygeek; 09-28-2011 at 07:11 AM.
10-10-2011, 10:17 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 104 (98%)
Original Poster
PM replied to.
10-16-2011, 06:29 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 104 (98%)
Original Poster
SOLD to my son-in-law, (I get visitation rights)