Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2011, 12:35 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 20 (100%)
[SOLD] Lester A. Dine 105mm f/2.8 Kit (incl. Ring Flash and ZX-50)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Lester A. Dine 105mm f/2.8 Kit (incl. Ring Flash and ZX-50)

Asking Price

Item Location
Bay Area, CA (United States)

Item Description
Just can't justify keeping this one anymore. I end up using my Tamron 90mm most of the time. So here it goes:

Lester A. Dine Dental Kit!. Comes with the original Ring Flash and ZX-50. Original box and documentation.
Everything is in great shape; one would be hard pressed to find signs of use on the lens.

I bought this a long time ago from an actual dentist who has never used it, as far as I could tell. I've used it a couple of times to test out; otherwise it's been sitting in its box the whole time (a shame, I know). The ring flash works well on my K10D.

I will likely regret selling this in a long run, but this lens well outperforms my skills at this point anyway.
I'm only interested in selling the kit as a whole at this point (feel like it deserves to stay intact ).

Feel free to PM me with questions, etc.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
US included

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
International shipping at actual cost.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

09-30-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)
Wow. But I don't really want to live in the tent that 'she who can do no wrong' would asign me.
09-30-2011, 01:08 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Wow. But I don't really want to live in the tent that 'she who can do no wrong' would asign me.
Don't worry, it's nice in here (once you get used to it )
09-30-2011, 10:34 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
A newbie question, sorry but will this lens fit a k5? manual focus is a given right?
Thanks, Robert.

09-30-2011, 10:48 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rubbertoe Quote
A newbie question, sorry but will this lens fit a k5? manual focus is a given right?
Thanks, Robert.
This lens is a Pentax K-mount. I've never tried it on a K5 as I don't own one, but it fits great on my K10D which is the same mount. So I have no reason to believe that it won't fit.
10-01-2011, 05:36 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 21 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by TimB Quote
This lens is a Pentax K-mount. I've never tried it on a K5 as I don't own one, but it fits great on my K10D which is the same mount. So I have no reason to believe that it won't fit.
I have a k-5, and this lens, works perfectly together....what a great combination !!!
10-01-2011, 08:40 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Hi Tim: I cannot see in the photos who is the actual maker of the lester dine macro, also another newbie question is will this lens be good for portraits as well as macro?

10-01-2011, 10:21 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 120 (100%)
this is considered one of the most amazing lenses for macro.
I used it for portraits a couple of times and it can be nice too
10-01-2011, 10:52 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 120 (100%)
I haven't used the 100 2.8 but the only "drawback" I can think of is autofocus vs. manual focus. I say "drawback" because for some people it might not be a big deal.
10-01-2011, 11:51 AM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rubbertoe Quote
Hi Tim: I cannot see in the photos who is the actual maker of the lester dine macro, also another newbie question is will this lens be good for portraits as well as macro?
I believe these were made by Kiron, but not 100% sure.
I certainly like it for portraits, but its true genius is in macro. I prefer the 50-85mm range for portraits personally.

Sergy, I agree that manual focus is hardly a drawback for macro. Even on my AF Tammy I usually use manual.
10-02-2011, 04:43 AM   #11

QuoteOriginally posted by TimB Quote
I believe these were made by Kiron, but not 100% sure.
I certainly like it for portraits, but its true genius is in macro. I prefer the 50-85mm range for portraits personally.

Sergy, I agree that manual focus is hardly a drawback for macro. Even on my AF Tammy I usually use manual.
Correct, these are identical optically to the Kiron 105mm/2.8 and the Vivitar Series 1 105mm/2.5 macro lenses, all built by Kino Precision (owner of the Kiron name).

I have the same kit, without the camera. This is one superb lens.

The ring flash probably has the Pentax TTL module fitted, but be aware this is not digital TTL. The "Auto" mode works pretty well (using the flash unit's built-in detector), but flash exposure is not controlled by the camera in this mode, and you have to use the aperture the flash unit expects.
10-02-2011, 07:01 PM   #12
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Nice complete piece of history there.

GLWS.
10-02-2011, 08:26 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
Duncan, I may have to drop you a PM when the lens arrives (shhh, don't tell the wife, or it is the Dog House for me). I am keen to learn how to use the ring flash with a K5.

Regards

Bruce
10-02-2011, 09:56 PM   #14

QuoteOriginally posted by Bruce Quote
Duncan, I may have to drop you a PM when the lens arrives (shhh, don't tell the wife, or it is the Dog House for me). I am keen to learn how to use the ring flash with a K5.

Regards

Bruce
You'll find it's surprisingly roomy and comfortable, once you get past the bits of bone ...

Congrats on scoring a fantastic piece of gear -- give a shout if there's anything I might be able to help with.