PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Tamron 28mm f2.5 Adaptall-2 02B with PK mount

Asking Price
$40 US

Item Location
Aurora, CO (United States)

Item Description

This is an excellent 28mm lens, very close to or better than the better lenses I've tried. Those are the Pentax-F 28/2.8, Sigma High-Speed Wide 28/1.8 MF and a Vivitar 28mm f2.0 K12. That group all has one or more advantages over the Tamron, but not in image quality. I can't quite justify having four 28mm lenses so it's on the block. Build quality is heavy and metal, with an unusually small front element. The focus ring turns opposite the direction of a Pentax lens, and has a 90 degree sweep. Minimum focus distance is 0.25 meters or 10", a litttle closer than the usual 0.3m. The aperture has 5 blades, like Pentax uses for most of their 28s. Filter size is 49mm.

I liked using the lens. I think focus is made easier because of the slightly brighter viewfinder (since it opens to f2.5) and the wide-open sharpness. It's better than a Pentax-M 28mm f2.8 or the f3.5 version. By the way, the above photo looks like there's a trim screw missing on the left between "1:2.5" and "28mm" but there is a screw there.

The glass is not scratched, and has no haze, marks or fungus. The aperture is snappy and the ring clicks at all the right places. Focus is smooth through the range. The adapter is in good shape. The lens comes with generic caps. An album of photos is here. I forgot to take photos of the adapter but I'll add them when I have them. Note that the photos show a dent in the focus ring in front and a couple of other dents.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
$6 in US, $22 Canada, ~$28 Worldwide

Shipping Services
USPS Priority

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Shipping quotes on request, I cover Paypal fees. I can usually ship within 24 hours of payment except for Saturday evening.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!