Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-06-2011, 07:10 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 95 (100%)
[SOLD] Rare SMC Pentax "K" 17mm f/4 fish-eye lens

SMC Pentax "K" 17mm f/4 fish-eye lens - $289 plus shipping SOLD

Shipping $8 insured in the US; international shipping available, please inquire about your country.

This is a great little lens in a tiny package. On film it gives a 180 degree angle of view (on a diagonal) with fish-eye effect, of course; on a DSLR it certainly shows fish-eye distortion, but the effect can be minimized or corrected as desired, giving a similar angle of view to about a rectilinear 12mm lens. It has built in filters for black and white shooting, and while these may not be that necessary on a DSLR, they are really neat. It is not the sharpest lens wide open, but does improve stopped down, although focusing is a bit tricky at times because things in a scene appear so far away due to the wide angle. It is a very handy prime that you can always have in your bag, as it weighs little and doesn't take up much space; when you need a really wide angle, you slap it on. It is redundant in my kit, but I am very fond of it, having taken many fun pictures with it. In my experience the SMC coating really helps keep down flare compared with other fish-eye options - and let's face it, either the sun is in the picture or your shadow is.

This particular copy is in very good condition, with only a few stray marks here and there externally, and very clean glass with a few tiny dust spots. No fungus, haze or scratches on the optics and the focus and aperture rings turn smoothly. Includes original (I think) front and rear Pentax caps. It's a lovely lens, and maybe it could be yours! Please ask any questions you might have, and rest assured that I will refund your money if you find the lens other than as described (within a reasonable time frame). Thanks for looking, and happy lens shopping!

Nick

Last edited by Nick Siebers; 11-11-2011 at 03:41 PM.
11-06-2011, 08:48 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 30 (100%)
PM sent
11-06-2011, 09:08 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 95 (100%)
Original Poster
Now sold, thanks everyone!