PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Kiron / Lester A. Dine 105mm f2.8 1:1 Macro Lens + freebies

Asking Price
$300 & s/h

Item Location
Boston (United States)

Item Description
Lester A. Dine / Kiron 105mm f2.8 1:1 Macro lens - $300 + $12 s/h (CONUS, WW ask) - please cover paypal fees

For sale is one of the last Pentax mount lenses I still own - the classic and cult Lester A. Dine / Kiron 105mm f2.8 Macro lens. This manual focus lens has 1:1 reproduction ratio and is in the PK/A mount that allows digital aperture control from the camera body. Both excellent sharpness and superb build quality are attributed to this model; something I can attest to during my ownership.

The lens and glass are in excellent, nearly shape - no scratches or haze but minor/hairline blemishes visible when looking closely. The focus ring is very smooth throughout the throw, and the iris is oil-free and snappy from f2.8-f/32. As a disclaimer, there are some very small dust particles (I counted 6) behind the rear glass element. This is normal for an aged lens and doesn't affected the quality of images.

A Nikon brand front cap will be included, however I do not have a rear cap for this lens . It will be well-packaged to ensure no contact to the glass.

**Free for-repair items w/ purchase** to clarifying these items are in NON-WORKING condition and require someone to fix - see notes below
-Zenit ANk film SLR body
-Lester A. Dine Macro ring flash (see last picture)

I received these items in group purchases, and I assume both these items require repair. I've tested the macro light and it does NOT power up. The hotshoe is also chipped. From a bit of research, I found that the Zenit SLR requires an old mercury battery to operate. There may also be something wrong with the mirror. If buyer would like me to include these, just let me know - otherwise after the lens is gone, I'll ship them together to first-in-line.

Please PM me any questions - thanks

(k20d not included)

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
$12 (or actual for Worldwide)

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Delivery Confirmation

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
3-day if not as described, buyer pays s/h

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by systemA; 11-07-2011 at 09:15 PM.
11-07-2011, 04:58 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 42 (100%)
Great lens - I just got around today to posting a small blurb on this piece in the review section (on the Vivitar labeled one); just a great macro lens...

Good luck with the sale.

11-07-2011, 06:32 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
I already have a Vivitar Series-1 105mm but this... I'm tempted, I really am...

Somebody buy this quick!
11-07-2011, 10:46 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 12 (100%)
Original Poster
T'was quick - sold !