PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Zeiss Contax 85mm f/1.4 adapted to Pentax K

Asking Price
645 USD

Item Location
Portland, Oregon (United States)

Item Description
Up for grabs today is my Zeiss Contax 85mm f/1.4 Planar. It has been adapted from C/Y mount to Pentax K using the Leitax adapter. The Leitax adapter replaces the original C/Y mount with an M42 fitting. A genuine Pentax M42-K adapter is included with the lens. For all intents and purposes, this lens behaves just like a M42 lens (in terms of communication with the camera).

Optics are in superb condition. The lens surfaces are pristine, with only a tiny coating mark on the rear element. There are also a few extremely fine specks of dust. The aperture is in perfect shape.

The body of the lens is perfect besides a couple of pinpoint spots of missing paint, but these are too minor to show up in photographs.

The Leitax mount is attached with screws and metal cement (as some of the original screws were stripped), as pictured. The lens-mount interface is nevertheless very solid, and I have had no problems with it over the past two years of frequent use.

The lens cost me $665 in February 2009, and the Leitax and M42-PK adapters set me back about $150. I'm selling it at a loss because I need the money.

Here is a discussion of the lens in question, with sample photos:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/74708-contax-8...-4-pentax.html

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Included if in CONUS

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
7 day return, buyer pays return shipping

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

11-11-2011, 05:58 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
My colleague passed to me the same lens.
After spending a tidy sum on clearing fungus, converted from C/Y mount to Pentax K using the Leitax adapter & added a genuine Pentax M42-K adapter, now he want the lens back.
Managed to use the lens twice before converting back to C/Y mount.
It's a great lens that needs a bump.
11-11-2011, 12:40 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 20 (100%)
PM sent!
11-11-2011, 02:13 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Original Poster
Sold pending payment!