Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-18-2011, 06:30 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
SMC-K 135mm f/2.5 (and free 2x teleconverter, for sale)(price reduced)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax SMC-K 135mm f/2.5 (the good one, for sale or trade for a limited lens)

Asking Price
$230 $215 $210 includes shipping (or $204 if purchased as a paypal gift)

Item Location
Hampton, VA (United States)

Item Description
Today is a sad day. I am selling my best lens. Why, you may ask. I found out that I do not use the 135mm focal length that much. My kit kens and A-50 f2.0 are not providing me with the quality and control over depth of field that I desire. I would love to keep this lens and get another one, but this is difficult to afford on a students stipend.

This is the legendary (can I call it legendary?) Pentax k-135mm f2.5. This lens is in superb condition other than a large strip of pain that was removed. The previous owner told me that there used to be an engraving there or something. Why they didn't just leave the engraving, I do not know. Because of the stripped paint, I rated this lens as good; however, the other parts of this lens are in excellent to like-new condition. This lens is optically perfect (to the best of my knowledge), there is no dust inside the lens, no discoloration, the aparture dial clicks into place nicely, and it works flawlessly (as long as you remember to push the green button). This lens comes with a front cap, a rear cap, and a UV filter (no box or case unfortunately).

I am selling this lens for $230 $215 $210 or best offer. My basis for this price is that it is about what I purchased it for (and the lens has not changed since), so feel free to make any reasonable offers (particularly since it has been on the market for a while).

This is really a nice lens. It is sharp, and gives beautiful smooth bokeh. I find it great for outdoor portraits (or indoor if you house is big enough ). Please take a look at the pictures below, and let me know if you have any questions or comments.

I have also decided to throw in a FREE 2x teleconverter I got to go with this lens. It is a DeJour (never heard of the brand before, but it is in nice shape and comes with a case). I never found much use for it, but perhaps you will. If I remember correctly, I paid $30 for it a while ago (though, I think it is probably worth less than this).

Please see the link below for example pictures taken from the k-135mm lens (not this particular lens).
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/47876-legendar...ormance-3.html

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling or Trading

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Charge
Whatever it costs to ship, with insurance

Shipping Services
USPS or other if buyer requests it

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Return Policy & Additional Details
If you receive the lens and do not think it fit the description, you can return it for a full refund; however, you will be required to pay for the return shipping charges. This way I have incentive to give a thorough description, and you have incentive to ask the appropriate questions to make sure you are getting what you want.

Price lowered due to seeing the price of other similar lenses. Feel free to make an offer if you would like this lens, but the price is not acceptable.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K200D  Photo   
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K200D  Photo   
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K200D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K200D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K200D  Photo   

Last edited by kswier; 01-10-2012 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Price change
11-18-2011, 06:51 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 15 (94%)
pm sent
11-19-2011, 08:11 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
pm replied, still for sale.

If interested please send an offer.
11-21-2011, 03:06 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bump #2 for the week.

I am no also including a 2x teleconverter that I had purchased to go with this lens. The teleconverter is a generic brand, and can be fun to play around with. The teleconverter is in good condition, but I rarely use it. Hopefully it will make its way into the hands of somebody that does have a use for it.

I believe the teleconverter makes this lens approximately a 400mm f5.6 (full frame equivalent).

11-26-2011, 02:52 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The weekend bump
11-29-2011, 08:37 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
bump to top
12-02-2011, 05:03 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
bump to top
12-14-2011, 04:19 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Price reduced to $210. Or make an offer.

12-15-2011, 12:49 AM   #9
rdc

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Bump for a great lens. And not extremely common.

I have the SMC version. It's one of those lenses that just have a special feel to their output.

I've thought about upgrading to the K-mount, but like you I don't actually use it very often.
01-05-2012, 05:43 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
bump...still available
01-05-2012, 06:26 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
I'm in the same bucket here ... otherwise I would purchase this one. Free bump is all I can offer.

QuoteOriginally posted by rdc Quote
Bump for a great lens. And not extremely common.

I have the SMC version. It's one of those lenses that just have a special feel to their output.

I've thought about upgrading to the K-mount, but like you I don't actually use it very often.
01-07-2012, 11:22 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I now nailed down a price for shipping as $10. I am willing to look at cheaper options it the buyer knows of an inexpensive shipping plan (and give the appropriate discount).

If somebody is willing to do the whole paypal gift thing, I will shave off $6 (making the price $204 + $10 shipping = $214 total. I do not know if I am willing to go much lower than this, but will entertain any offers (I was originally selling it to fund a limited lens, but I purchased a limited lens before I was able to sell this one, thus I have a lower motivation to sell than I did before).

Yes, the teleconverter is actually free. I have had a minimum amount I want for this lens in my head, and that amount did not change when I decided to include the teleconverter.
01-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Lowered the price from $210 plus shipping to $210 including shipping. I will be wiling to let it go for $204 including shipping as a paypal gift. I foresee this being the final price drop, as I am approaching my do not sell point (and, of course, I can still use it when it is for sale ). I will still entertain any offers.
01-11-2012, 09:27 AM   #14

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
PM sent