Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2011, 06:21 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Four M-42 Takumar lenses & adapter

Three of the four lenses in this collection I purchased originally for my Asahi Pentax Spotmatic while stationed in Europe in the mid-1960s. For three years I traveled with the camera close at hand, and these interchangeable, screw-mount M-42 lenses along with the original 55 mm lens. The 105 mm I purchased used last year in order to take portraits, and some flower and insect shots at the Chicago Botanic Garden. All worked well for me on the Pentax K-x, which I acquired new last November. The Spotmatic camera body died after three years, and the original lenses have been in protected storage until I bought a new Pentax K-x a year ago. They are wonderful optical lenses, but more than I have time to use well these days.

These lenses are up for sale "as is." All are optically and mechanically excellent, and have no scratches, or fungus, no oil, and all are haze free. The three that I purchased new are in mint condition. There are a few abrasions on the hood and body 105 mm lens, which I purchased on eBay last year. I included three photos taken this year with the 300 mm to illustrate its clarity and color capability.

Free UPS shipping in USA, Canadian or Mexican postal rates additional.

Product Information - F2.0/35 mm $90.00
The Asahi*Super-Takumar*35 mm is solidly build, bigger and heavier than most due to its 8 lens elements in 7 groups, and six-blade construction. As a wide-angle lens it fits between the more familiar 28 mm and the common 50-55 mm standard lenses and is somewhat rare and desirable. The F2 aperture makes focusing a breeze, and photos are sharp with rich contrast from F2.8. Mechanically perfect in use, and color rendering is rich and true to life. For a single lens for travel the 35 mm is especially valuable to capture the full landscape without the distortion inherent in wider-angle and fisheye lenses. Some chromatic aberration particularly in backlight situations with the lens fully open. Bokeh is very nice even with only 6 aperture blades, and low-light focusing is especially easy.*

Product Information - F2.8/105 mm $90.00
The *Asahi*Super-Takumar*105 mm is a short telephoto/portrait lens first produced in 1975. Fast, easy to focus, sharp, light weight lens is excellent for portraiture. Throw of the focusing ring is quite long, which makes sharp focusing easy; has excellent bokeh offering a soft-focused background behind your portrait. Not so wonderful for rapid point-and-shoot as it takes time to focus with the long throw; however the F2.8 aperture makes it bright and easy to focus accurately. Renders colors well. The metal housing is rugged and difficult to damage. Lens hood has a few external scratches from heavy use. Min. Aperture F22. Build: 5 elements, 4 groups, 6 blades.

Product Information - F3.5/135 mm $35.00
The Asahi Super-Takumar 135 mm is a short telephoto prime produced in 1966. Takes crisp, vivid, and lifelike pictures with the Takumar 135 mm f/3.5 lens, which boasts a 4 elements / 4 groups lens construction. With a minimum focusing distance of 120 cm, this Pentax camera lens lets you take nice focused images, standing right up to the subject. With a maximum aperture of f/3.5, this Pentax lens ensures more light enters the device, for well-illuminated pictures. The minimum aperture of f/22 in the Takumar 135 mm f/3.5 helps freeze motion, capturing fast-moving objects with great clarity. The 0.15x magnification of this Pentax camera lens allows you to get detailed view of your subject. The 52 mm filter, in this Pentax lens, keeps the lens surface scratch-resistant and allows you to add multiple visual effects to your photos. With an 8-blade diaphragm, the Takumar 135 mm f/3.5 produces impressive portraits that have expertly blurred background.

Product Information - F6.3/300 mm $75.00
The Asahi Tele-Takumar 300 mm lens has a removable tripod mount, although it is steady enough to use hand-held with a fast asa, for overhead bird shots, for example. For its optical length, it's a very light weight lens (I was amazed at how light it is compared to other long lenses.) Optical construction is 5 elements in 5 groups. It's a typical Takumar lens with high color rendition, contrast and sharpness even wide open. The downside is the F6.3 maximum aperture, but this is what makes it small and light enough to use hand-held. I bought this lens in 1967 in Germany, and used it extensively for a year, then it rested in a box for 40 years. I took it out last November and put it to work on my new Pentax K-x to test it out again. I've included 3 shots taken this past year with this lens, shots I'm particularly proud of from the Chicago Botanic Garden. You can see the sharpness and color rendering in all three, as well as the bokeh (blurred background) in the tulip shot.

I hope you enjoy exploring this lens collection. See reviews of each elsewhere on the Forum.

Attached Images

11-26-2011, 06:34 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 73 (100%)
PMed for 35/2.0
11-26-2011, 06:50 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 63 (100%)
PM'd for 300/6.3
11-26-2011, 07:24 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
PM Sent --

Finally cured of the LBA?

Last edited by Pepe Guitarra; 11-26-2011 at 07:32 PM.
11-26-2011, 08:04 PM   #5

Original Poster
Tom, I'll send the payment info as soon as I figure out how. Can you send your email so we can communicate more easily?

David (livewire293)
11-26-2011, 08:15 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
PM sent re: 135/3.5...that's if no one's asked about it first
11-26-2011, 08:19 PM   #7

Original Poster
Angelo, see my email reply. I'll forward the information ASAP.

David (livewire293)
11-26-2011, 10:45 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 73 (100%)
Payment sent for 35/2.0