PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
1957 Asahi Pentax Original (AP)

Asking Price
299.00 Pending Payment

Item Location
Connecticut USA (United States)

Item Description
1957 Asahi Pentax (AP) Original in excellent condition.

Comes with an original relatively rare Takumar 105mm preset lens in excellent condition.

Cosmetically, there are no dings, dents, or appreciable scratches evident on the camera. It is extremely clean as well. The baseplate is free of the typical tripod "scars," though this is the one place I note a very light mark from someone "hunting." It is hardly noticeable. There is no paint loss to the black trim paint, nor is there typical paint loss to the finder bezel. There is a little dust in the viewfinder, but it is not excessive or troublesome. The shutter has some minor discoloration.

Mechanically, all functions work. The shutter fires on all speeds, and while I do not know if they are accurate, they sound very good and the shutter cycles completely on the slower speeds. The counter works as designed, as does the latch and the rewind function. The second shutter has a very slight pucker to it. It's not even a wrinkle and it does not seem to effect function. The shutter is light-tight and there are no holes.

Cosmetically and functionally excellent for a camera of this age, this camera is in very collectible condition.

The Takumar 105mm f/2.8 Preset is a gem. It has a little bit of interal dust but this does not effect images. the lens is not cosmetically perfect as there is a little paint loss on the very outer edge. there are also a very few bits of pain loss on high spots such as corners of the focus ring, but these are minimal and the overall impression is that the lens is in excellent condition and a good match to the camera body if just perhaps a little more used. Optically it is very good, and there are no scratches, haze, oil or otherwise beyond the small amount of internal dust already noted. Comes with an original Pentax cap.

I also have an original 35mm Preset Takumar f/4 that I will let go with this set for an additional $80.00. This lens is in excellent condition as well. When I first got it, the focus ring was a bit tight, but it has loosened appreciably and is in fact almost perfect now. Cosmetically, this lens is every bit the match for the camera body and optically it is in perfect condition. No scratches, haze, oil or other defects. This lens has been a great joy to use.

Photos:

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
Included

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail, Delivery Confirmation, Insured

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Returns accepted for DOA or significant departure from description

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by woof; 11-30-2011 at 02:42 PM.
11-28-2011, 08:03 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
Pm sent with great interest
11-28-2011, 08:22 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 40 (100%)
Original Poster
Bump for pictures posted. All PMs replied.