PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Chinon 28mm f2.8 m42

Asking Price
40 USD [SALE PENDING]

Item Location
Denver (United States)

Item Description
Auto Chinon 28mm f/2.8 -- $40+ $8 shipping CONUS. I pay PayPal fees.

Payment via PayPal only, shipped only to your PayPal address. Exception as always for Denver locals, who may come over and pay cash and avoid shipping charges.

This one of the mostly metal, very well-built Chinon 28s, m42 screw mount with A-M switch. It a well-regarded lens.

Minimum focus distance is around 12 inches to film/sensor plane -- in practice about 10 inches from end of barrel, so close but not super-close.

Other than a couple of insignificant scuffs to rear element ring (not the glass), it has virtually no wear. Glass is flawless and appears to have no internal dust. Focus is smooth, aperture fully working, no oil on blades, etc etc. So optically & mechanically perfect, cosmetically nearly so. It does have the auto-manual switch so you will not need to glue the pin down or anything -- just need your m42 adapter and you're in business.

It comes with a cheap plastic hood. Because of the plastic threads, I find it tough to get it to catch, but there is nothing actually wrong with it. The filter threads are 55mm I think -- kind of an odd size and I don't have anything to fit it other than the hood. The hood has its own set of threads in a bigger, also odd size -- 65mm I think. (Don't quote me on those thread diameters.)

It will come with generic screw rear cap, but no front cap. I will pack it in such a way that the glass will be well-protected.

Ignore micro-dust in pictures.

Chrome on front of focus-ring. Stylish!

With hood:

Still with hood:

Yep, definitely an m42:

Must not forget the 2001 "HAL"-view. Dave, what are you doing, Dave?

Thanks for looking!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
USA

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Contact me within 3 days of delivery if not as described or any problems whatsoever.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by vonBaloney; 12-14-2011 at 10:16 AM.
12-10-2011, 07:24 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 70 (100%)
Original Poster
price reduced 12/10